Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Considering a new S3 and have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd hold off on AudiCare unless you are leasing - where from what others say buying it at the purchase of the car pays for itself due to the way they restructure the financial terms. If you are buying the car - hold off - because the first service is covered and so the second isn't needed until 20,000 miles / 2 years whichever comes first. If for some reason you get rid of the car or total it etc. you won't get any back from the unused AudiCare. I was going to hold off until 2 years / 20k miles to purchase AudiCare myself but the dealer I bought my car from just sent me a coupon for $100 off the AudiCare service - so I will likely take them up on the offer.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After owning two TTs, I"m looking at an S3 next as well. Isn't it true that you can't get virtual cockpit without also getting navigation? That's what I have on the TT, no nav, but it now seems to be both, or none for $3,500. Must have the $1400.00 seat option, but manual adjust? Really? Makes me miss my 2000 Jetta w memory seats & mirrors.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jermarTT
After owning two TTs, I"m looking at an S3 next as well. Isn't it true that you can't get virtual cockpit without also getting navigation? That's what I have on the TT, no nav, but it now seems to be both, or none for $3,500. Must have the $1400.00 seat option, but manual adjust? Really? Makes me miss my 2000 Jetta w memory seats & mirrors.
Correct. the virtual cockpit is bundled with the Nav system. Matter a fact, I'm told that every function accessible through the pop-up screen is now available through the Virtual cockpit allowing you to be able to put it down. Yup, manual adjust on the sport seats. I agree on the memory should be there. In the few times the wife takes the car I have to get my adjustments back which is a PIA. That said, the seats feel and look great. I wouldn't go without them. At least they are heated.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

well I drove the S3 (and the S4) and wow I love it, especially because the one I drove came with a resonator delete kit from the factory and it sounds amazing. The S4 probably is a little too much money unless I get a killer deal on a lease. I just have to be patient and wait for a deal. Still debating between this and the Giulia only if I get a killer deal on it
Old 05-23-2018, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kittens
well I drove the S3 (and the S4) and wow I love it, especially because the one I drove came with a resonator delete kit from the factory and it sounds amazing. The S4 probably is a little too much money unless I get a killer deal on a lease. I just have to be patient and wait for a deal. Still debating between this and the Giulia only if I get a killer deal on it
I leased my 2017 Ara blue S3 about a year ago and was, at the time, also considering the Guilia. Fact is, it's exciting and enticing because it's an Alfa and you feel like you'd be unique and give off the sense that you're a true car enthusiast (which to an extent is true.) However, the S3 won out in the end. It feels more premium, as an S car, it's more exclusive, it's faster and better equipped, and it puts you in this unspoken S3 club wherever you go (thumbs up/waves from other S3 drivers on the road).

The Alfa was serious contender for me, but it had unknown reliability since it's the first model of it's kind, and the interior felt a bit plasticky (although the steering wheel ignition button is a nice touch). Plus, when I specced it to match the S3's standard features, the price surged.

Also, one of the biggest selling points for me was sound, which, especially with the resonator delete kit, the S3 won by a landslide.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Such Millburn Audi use Ashish.

That dealership is where I bought my new car yesterday. Ashish is a sales person there. Knowledgeable and very diligent. When you call ask for him. Tell him that Eric from white plains sent you. He will do the right thing. He is real good

good luck with the purchase. Car is amazing
Old 05-30-2018, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff968
t every function accessible through the pop-up screen is now available through the Virtual cockpit allowing you to be able to put it down.
Android Auto Navigation is only available on the pop-up screen; here in Canada we only get Audi Maps for navigation on the VC.