Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Finally... Pics of the new S3 !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boniclass
First thing, you will see that in 2017 AUDI S3, even if you have the sim card, AUDI hasn't connected the LTE antenna the roof top antenna. That means the first reason why nobody can make it work is that they have no network connectivity. If you are next to a cell tower !00meters, it will work. I had to buy and modify an LTE antenna and plug it into the back of the MMI unit in the right plug. Then, after getting the right coding, I had connectivity !!! It looks more complicated than it is really.
Do you need an Audi Connect account for this to work?

Aside from the antenna mod, can you literally pull up next to a celltower, pop a working SIM card in to the S3 and get Google Maps imagery on the dashboard?
Old 05-09-2017, 06:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sound Bass gain.

This can be done with some coding Module 47. There you can decide on a sound gain. I overall increased the B&O sound amplifier to +6db. I went in Module 47 sound system module and opened the long coding helper and under byte1 change 03 - no volume lowering \ raising to volume raising by 6db.

You can also decide on a gain by individual input in the 5F- Information Electr. Control Module, Adaptation , Audio Input Amplifier Gen 2.
All inputs can be individually amplified.

The surround setting also has an impact.

Originally Posted by s3burgh
Details on the sub gain mod pretty please :-)
Old 05-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You don't need an Audi connect account to do this. What I meant by trying it next to a cell tower is that without the antenna, you can't test connectivity of the system. I actually undestood this by placing my sim card in and driving around.. at a certain point, I got this in my MMI....

Old 05-09-2017, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

This can be done with some coding Module 47. There you can decide on a sound gain. I overall increased the B&O sound amplifier to +6db. I went in Module 47 sound system module and opened the long coding helper and under byte1 change 03 - no volume lowering \ raising to volume raising by 6db.

You can also decide on a gain by individual input in the 5F- Information Electr. Control Module, Adaptation , Audio Input Amplifier Gen 2.
All inputs can be individually amplified.

The surround setting also has an impact.
Thanks. So technically it's raising the gain on every channel connected to the B&O amp, not just the sub channel.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

You don't need an Audi connect account to do this. What I meant by trying it next to a cell tower is that without the antenna, you can't test connectivity of the system. I actually undestood this by placing my sim card in and driving around.. at a certain point, I got this in my MMI....
Out of curiosity, what carrier SIM card were you using? And what size of SIM card?

Finally, do these code mods void warranty?
Old 05-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

ok I will take some pictures and show the how to tomorrow for sure..
Old 05-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am using a nano sim I think. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ it's the same size. I tried it with Rogers, Bell, Telus... Flawless... You just need to setup the APN and your ready to go... (+ coding of course)

As for the warranty, I went to my dealership before starting to do all my mods. They told me that unless I modify\ chip the engine, I am fine. They even offered to do some coding for me if I tell them what I wanted to mod. They use VCDS to do it. I am more OBD11.

They can always flash it and bring it back to default from the factory based on my discussions with them.

As of now, in Canada, we are getting the US model with some stuff disabled. In OBD11, our VIN number is recognized as a US Model. I am only enabling what the US have enabled.

Originally Posted by Civuck
Out of curiosity, what carrier SIM card were you using? And what size of SIM card?

Finally, do these code mods void warranty?
Old 05-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, you are right, though you can control the gain for each input separately through the adaptations.

Originally Posted by s3burgh
Thanks. So technically it's raising the gain on every channel connected to the B&O amp, not just the sub channel.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For Traffic Jam Assist, you would need to have the radar installed. Without this, I doubt that it would work. It uses The radar together with active lane assist from the camera.

Originally Posted by Civuck
Given all the potential mods discussed here, can Traffic Jam Assist be enabled for 2017 S3?
Old 05-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For the traffic sign recognition, I did a lot of testing to get it to work as I wanted. Would you post the message you are getting?

Originally Posted by marttimat
Congrats on the new car and the successful mods! I have a few followup questions on your success:

for the B&O, yes I have it installed. Thought I did a base gain with coding in Module 47. I was not yet able to have the setting in the MMI. I am starting to read at many places that it was missed by Audi in the build we have. Some people have reported updates where the base setting came back. Even after asking to my dealership, they are not aware of this build.

The other thing is that it seems to be a complete MMI version ... so bye bye all my coding and mods. )

As for the Google Street view, I responded in a post previously. Let me know if you need more details.
  • Do you have the B&O system installed for the base gain enable? Would you have animage of the MMI with this? If yes to both was this also OBD11?
  • For traffic sign, does it tell you which models need this for coding? I would assume cluster and the camera to activate? I tried with just the cluster and got the option to show but error message instead of a street sign.
  • Also, could you elaborate a bit more on the street view / connectivity? Are you referring to the lag of LTE connection at start? Street view is normally enabled as standard? What other view have you achieved?

Thanks for helping us all out!

Quick Reply: Finally... Pics of the new S3 !!