Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Installing Racechip GTS Black - 2018 S3

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Racechip GTS Black - 2018 S3

Hello everyone. I just got a 2018 Audi s3! Previously had a Porsche Macan S, but wanted something smaller and more fun to drive. I'll just get straight to it - I love my s3, its quick and handles great. I would love to add a little more power though. I browsed online and looked at several different options. Since my car is still under a 4 year warranty, and 4 more years of service warranty, I do not want to do anything that would ruin or bring my warranty into question when I go to the dealership.

I decided to go with the Racechip GTS Black because it does not damage my warranty as I can simply remove it before service. I will be installing it on Monday (April 29th), and put it to the test. Maybe even bring it over to local shop and get a Horsepower and Torque test to see if the chip actually makes a difference.

Has anyone had one of these installed? If so, how has it handled?

I will update this when I have it installed and answer any questions some of you might have. I'm looking forward to see if these chips aren't just gimmicks. As on their website it states a +72 horsepower increase and +82 torque.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:20 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know how much research you did to make sure this won't cause problems for warranty repairs. There are several threads here that describe somebody doing what you about to do and then having Audi refuse to do warranty work due to the mod. It is my understanding a bit gets set in the cars computer that says you "chipped" it and there is no way for you to reset it - removing the chip does not reset the bit. Is the vendor of Racechip GTS guaranteeing Audi will not know and, if they find out, covering your cost of refused warranty work?
Old 04-25-2019, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Even if it's a piggyback they can still look at things like how much boost you made.
Had a buddy with a piggyback on a new M5 get warranty voided.

So tempting, I almost did it myself in fact ordered then cancelled after talking to my friend.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hmmm.. interesting. Thank you for the reply. I might reconsider now due to what you have stated!
Old 04-25-2019, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ya, im thinking about returning it now. Not worth that kind of trouble!! Thank you!