Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Just bought my RS3! Flat on the way home..

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my RS3! Flat on the way home..

Really excited to get a good deal on a 2017 low mileage RS3 with almost every option I'd want. Test drove it a bunch. Never made it home before getting the low pressure warning. Decent leak. Not sure if hit a pothole or something. Never popped a tire before so declined the wheel and tire insurance. Oh well, still excited to get her back ASAP.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

With wheels that big and tires that small, buy the insurance.. until they fix potholes your gonna be driving like you got Parkinson's.

First new car I ever got, I brought it back from test drive and parked it second from the end on an empty row outside the dealer, as I was doing paperwork inside they apparently snuck the car around back and started prepping it for sale.. when I finally get my keys to my first new car in perfect mint condition I'm so high on cloud 9 I didn't realize it was now parked on the end of the row, right next to the curb.. so as I back out I cut it a lil soon and curb a wheel, made it a whole ****ing 3.5ft.. sigh, fml.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. That color pops!
Old 03-26-2019, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 99 Posts

Unless you have a history of ruining tires, they win.
What they tell you and what actually the warranty says are probably two different things. Unless it says repairable wheel damage gets you a new wheel (not), you are still stuck with curb rash.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
With wheels that big and tires that small, buy the insurance.. until they fix potholes your gonna be driving like you got Parkinson's.

First new car I ever got, I brought it back from test drive and parked it second from the end on an empty row outside the dealer, as I was doing paperwork inside they apparently snuck the car around back and started prepping it for sale.. when I finally get my keys to my first new car in perfect mint condition I'm so high on cloud 9 I didn't realize it was now parked on the end of the row, right next to the curb.. so as I back out I cut it a lil soon and curb a wheel, made it a whole ****ing 3.5ft.. sigh, fml.
I just put new wheels and tires on my car Monday and love the look. Didn't make it 5 miles before I scraped a curb at 1mph trying to park ruining the RF wheel.. Gahhh!
Old 03-27-2019, 08:23 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

OP,

Congratulations on your New 2017 RS3.

Fun times have arrived at your house buddy.

Terry
Old 03-27-2019, 08:31 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinnetti
I just put new wheels and tires on my car Monday and love the look.
Didn't make it 5 miles before I scraped a curb at 1mph trying to park ruining the RF wheel.. Gahhh!
I was driving through the Bank of America drive through which happens to be super-close to the concrete to reach the container you send inside.
On leaving I barely turned the wheel, touched that concrete and Screwed-Up the Driver's Front & Rear wheels.
Luckily, and I do mean luckily a guy in my subdivision does the Wheel repair for Dealerships.
I stopped by and made an appointment for him to pick-up the (Wife's) Golf R and repair both damaged wheels.
He did such an excellent job you could not tell where the repairs were done to either wheel.
I asked him if I did CASH would he make me a deal ???
He did and I did and the wife was once again a Happy Camper.

Oh, I now park and go into the Bank.

Terry
Old 03-27-2019, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
I was driving through the Bank of America drive through which happens to be super-close to the concrete to reach the container you send inside.
On leaving I barely turned the wheel, touched that concrete and Screwed-Up the Driver's Front & Rear wheels.
Luckily, and I do mean luckily a guy in my subdivision does the Wheel repair for Dealerships.
I stopped by and made an appointment for him to pick-up the (Wife's) Golf R and repair both damaged wheels.
He did such an excellent job you could not tell where the repairs were done to either wheel.
I asked him if I did CASH would he make me a deal ???
He did and I did and the wife was once again a Happy Camper.

Oh, I now park and go into the Bank.

Terry
Nice... Irony for me is that in 40 years of driving I don't think I've curbed a wheel, and had to wait until minutes after I put new ones on. I blame it on the fact they stick out 2" further than before.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Congrats on the new car. Don't worry about the wheel and tire package. I don't think it's worth it. Many tire places nowadays include road hazard with their tires, for example Tirerack does if you buy your next set of tires from them. This stuff happens unfortunately. I got a nail in one of my rear tires earlier this month, got it fixed and then 4 days later I had a screw in the other rear tire. Talking about bad luck. I've never had much luck getting wheels repaired and ended up buying two new wheels so far. Audi tends to use coatings and colors that can't be obtained in the USA, so they can't make them look like factory. I had one guy who the dealership uses for wheel repairs claim he could repair my RS5 wheel and when I got it back he had just polished out the curb rash and that part of the wheel was now all shiny. I spotted it immediately. He then claimed everybody is doing it this way, because they can't match the coatings. At least he ended up not charging me. Then I found somebody else who claimed they mixed the color themselves and are now the go to destination for repairing Audi wheels. The wheel came back and looked nothing like factory. My SA called me right away and said it looks horrible. If you are picky like me about your wheels matching and looking right, you most likely end up buying a new wheel or at least get all 4 refinished so they at least match, and these packages aren't covering that kind of stuff.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by superswiss
Congrats on the new car. Don't worry about the wheel and tire package. I don't think it's worth it. Many tire places nowadays include road hazard with their tires, for example Tirerack does if you buy your next set of tires from them. This stuff happens unfortunately. I got a nail in one of my rear tires earlier this month, got it fixed and then 4 days later I had a screw in the other rear tire. Talking about bad luck. I've never had much luck getting wheels repaired and ended up buying two new wheels so far. Audi tends to use coatings and colors that can't be obtained in the USA, so they can't make them look like factory. I had one guy who the dealership uses for wheel repairs claim he could repair my RS5 wheel and when I got it back he had just polished out the curb rash and that part of the wheel was now all shiny. I spotted it immediately. He then claimed everybody is doing it this way, because they can't match the coatings. At least he ended up not charging me. Then I found somebody else who claimed they mixed the color themselves and are now the go to destination for repairing Audi wheels. The wheel came back and looked nothing like factory. My SA called me right away and said it looks horrible. If you are picky like me about your wheels matching and looking right, you most likely end up buying a new wheel or at least get all 4 refinished so they at least match, and these packages aren't covering that kind of stuff.
That's exactly my experience too. I've only had a couple flats in almost 40yrs of driving so its not a good buy for me, and having an excuse to get some new wheels isn't horrible lol.

Quick Reply: Just bought my RS3! Flat on the way home..