Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Local dealer has a 2018 RS3 with 1,750 on the clock

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tjacoby
I moved from a '15 S3 to an '18 RS3 and would easily do it again despite being a dumb financial move (by getting out of the S3 early): I went with the sport exhaust, sport fixed suspension, and the sport seats. Test drive one if you can, and with both suspensions if possible.
As long as you love it and satisfied, all moves are acceptable Enjoy RS
Old 05-23-2018, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uniqueMR
No double RS will have more horsepower over S and yea features are almost similar to S. To me, RS 3 drove same as S3 unless you are really pushing it. You gotta be aggressive and heavy footer to enjoy the RS though. Plus, Audi's RS looks very similar to S models. They need to really differentiate the both models, RS and S. If you have both cars next to each other, the difference is just front grille, different wheels and exhaust. I believe for the money, RS needs to look different (like wider, different hood, roof top like carbon fiber, etc.).

But end of the day, don't take me wrong, RS is RS. We do pay for badges though If you like RS and you feel its worth it, go for it. As long as you are happy for your purchase, that what counts.
Thanks, yeah I am a big badge snob especially since I haven't had one before just drooled from a distance, would love a V, M, RS car and this could be my chance as while not cheap the RS3 isn't completely break the bank terrible either.
As for the pricing I was going to see if they could go lower on the used car as honestly that doesn't seem like much of a savings for the mileage, but not sure how low they would go, and I'd also want to know if it was a demo or something else.
I doubt they would do much of a discount on an order car? so I figure I am stuck with in stock inventory anyway if I want to save some $$

Thanks
Old 05-24-2018, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is the best nd of the month and they may be m otivated to move a used RS. Offer them $10K off sticker and see if they take it. One thing is for certain. If you don’t ask, you don’t get. Also ask them for the car’s history to understand what you are buying. If it is a demo, they likely have written off some of the value, or bought it cheaply from Audi. If it is a trade, you know they did not likely give the previous owner a great deal on the trade. They should have room to negotiate.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No double RS will have more horsepower over S and yea features are almost similar to S. To me, RS 3 drove same as S3 unless you are really pushing it. You gotta be aggressive and heavy footer to enjoy the RS though. Plus, Audi's RS looks very similar to S models. They need to really differentiate the both models, RS and S. If you have both cars next to each other, the difference is just front grille, different wheels and exhaust. I believe for the money, RS needs to look different (like wider, different hood, roof top like carbon fiber, etc.).

But end of the day, don't take me wrong, RS is RS. We do pay for badges though If you like RS and you feel its worth it, go for it. As long as you are happy for your purchase, that what counts.
UniqueMR,

Disagree respectfully. Just traded in my 2017 S3, for a 2018 RS3. You do not have to push it to feel the difference. It is a HUGE difference in torque, power, engine noise. I loved my S3, it was quick, but this RS3 is seriously fast, even when going 1/4 throttle you notice a gigantic difference. Plus its 7 speed, vs 6 speed, revs much lower on the freeway, better gas mileage on the freeway than the S3. The looks are subjetive, but in my opinion much much nicer. Grille, exhaust, wheels, interior package (I have the RS design package), transmission, the motor, oh the motor and sound, it is worth it. I think the price of entry for an RS car at 64,125.00 (and I got 3500.00 off msrp), is reasonable.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rans09vert
UniqueMR,

Disagree respectfully. Just traded in my 2017 S3, for a 2018 RS3. You do not have to push it to feel the difference. It is a HUGE difference in torque, power, engine noise. I loved my S3, it was quick, but this RS3 is seriously fast, even when going 1/4 throttle you notice a gigantic difference. Plus its 7 speed, vs 6 speed, revs much lower on the freeway, better gas mileage on the freeway than the S3. The looks are subjetive, but in my opinion much much nicer. Grille, exhaust, wheels, interior package (I have the RS design package), transmission, the motor, oh the motor and sound, it is worth it. I think the price of entry for an RS car at 64,125.00 (and I got 3500.00 off msrp), is reasonable.
I understand and agree. RS is RS at the end of the day. No question about it.
RS3 is for sure faster than S3. No doubt.
2018 S3 has 7 speed now, I have 7 speed in my '18 S3.
RS3 starts from $54,900 but no one buy base
Old 06-01-2018, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I understand and agree. RS is RS at the end of the day. No question about it.
RS3 is for sure faster than S3. No doubt.
2018 S3 has 7 speed now, I have 7 speed in my '18 S3.
RS3 starts from $54,900 but no one buy base
they just lowered the price on the used one to 55K, seriously considering putting in an offer as that is a bit cheaper than the new one now.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mathewj
they just lowered the price on the used one to 55K, seriously considering putting in an offer as that is a bit cheaper than the new one now.
that's a steal man, I paid 71K for mine fully loaded
Old 06-01-2018, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mathewj
Sounds like a plan. Good Luck
Update whatever you choose with pics
Old 06-13-2018, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds like a plan. Good Luck
Update whatever you choose with pics
Thanks, I actually missed the boat on the RS3 and was considering a S3 nano grey with 18s and all season tires, the pricing on it was good but they wanted to give me basically nothing for my trade, a 14 Cadillac ATS with under 50K would have only gotten $12K, told the dealer for that I could keep it and pick up a used Cayman

Also I am not sure how much of a hit in storage I will take with the S3....its nice being able to fit both my clubs and my cart currently, seems with the smaller trunk I'd have to resort to folding the seats.