AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/)
-   -   Looking to Purchase 2017/2018 S3 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/looking-purchase-2017-2018-s3-2970735/)

Donia 04-17-2019 06:27 AM

Looking to Purchase 2017/2018 S3
 
Hello everyone! First post on here. Been lurking awhile. In the market for an S3. This will be my first Audi! Looking to pick up either a 17' or 18'. Can someone please tell me the upgrades from 17 to 18 (whether minor or not). Is there anything I should look for in particular? Was planning on a black one but have been seeing different grays. Can someone please clarify the different grays (Nano? Nardo?) Main differences between Premium Plus and Prestige? Anyone selling on here they want to share? haha

Any and all guidance will be greatly appreciated!

XMetal00 04-17-2019 06:56 AM

Biggest difference between '17 and '18 is the transmission. '18 got a 7-speed versus the 6-speed on the '17. Been a BMW guy for a long time and this is our first Audi as well and you would not be disappointed with either one you decides to pick up! Happy hunting!

Donia 04-17-2019 07:38 AM


Originally Posted by XMetal00 (Post 25304461)
Biggest difference between '17 and '18 is the transmission. '18 got a 7-speed versus the 6-speed on the '17. Been a BMW guy for a long time and this is our first Audi as well and you would not be disappointed with either one you decides to pick up! Happy hunting!

thank you! I am also a BMW guy as well!

Notice your sig - is "Resonator Delete" a option? I saw a 17's with it but dont think any 18's...

XMetal00 04-17-2019 12:06 PM

Resonator Delete is a port installed option. Or you can get that kit from your Audi Dealer. However, you can get the aftermarket (non-Audi) version for much less.

PaperLion 04-17-2019 04:49 PM

Does the 17 get CarPlay and AndroidAuto? The 18 does

Rans09vert 04-18-2019 04:20 PM

Yes. I had a 2017 and had apple car play. 17 and 18 identical except as stated above, 6 speed vs 7 speed. I have an RS3 now. The S3 is amazing. Quick, sounds great. I think the resonator delete makes it too loud but personal preference. See mine below
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...c67ae9ddc.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...3f3c5b5f0.jpeg



Originally Posted by PaperLion (Post 25304723)
Does the 17 get CarPlay and AndroidAuto? The 18 does


Donia 04-20-2019 06:49 PM


Originally Posted by Rans09vert (Post 25305111)
Yes. I had a 2017 and had apple car play. 17 and 18 identical except as stated above, 6 speed vs 7 speed. I have an RS3 now. The S3 is amazing. Quick, sounds great. I think the resonator delete makes it too loud but personal preference. See mine below
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...c67ae9ddc.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...3f3c5b5f0.jpeg

where did you get the carbon fiber?

Rans09vert 04-21-2019 03:18 AM


Originally Posted by Donia (Post 25305915)
where did you get the carbon fiber?

ebay.

Donia 04-22-2019 07:28 AM

so no other updates? between 17' and 18'? lights, trim pieces? I feel like there are always minor updates year to year...

Donia 04-22-2019 07:29 AM

also anyone have a car seat in one of these? how's the backseat with a kid?

PaperLion 04-22-2019 11:23 AM


Originally Posted by Donia (Post 25306495)
also anyone have a car seat in one of these? how's the backseat with a kid?

I put my 9 year old in a booster seat cus hes little and mom insists. It's fine. Whole kid seat would be tighter but it would fit just fine with him in it. There was a problem with the full seat I had though--i couldnt get it tight on the upper latches. I didnt find them very effective, they latch on the upper deck instead of behind the seat.

I wouldnt put an adult back there unless I had to. It's too tight for anyone normal sized to be comfortable in.

Donia 04-22-2019 11:58 AM


Originally Posted by PaperLion (Post 25306618)
I put my 9 year old in a booster seat cus hes little and mom insists. It's fine. Whole kid seat would be tighter but it would fit just fine with him in it. There was a problem with the full seat I had though--i couldnt get it tight on the upper latches. I didnt find them very effective, they latch on the upper deck instead of behind the seat.

I wouldnt put an adult back there unless I had to. It's too tight for anyone normal sized to be comfortable in.

So you're saying its a 4 door coupe? No adults in the back ever? lol

Rans09vert 04-22-2019 01:55 PM

No cosmetic changes period. Looks identical, guarantee it.

Raidin 04-22-2019 03:07 PM

I have had 2 adults (albeit small) in the back with a child seat (4-month old) on a 1.5 hour ride, two ways. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

FlorS3 04-23-2019 07:17 PM

I have an '18 Prestige with the 7 speed transmission. I have driven both '17 & '18 model. If you are going to do a lot of highway driving, I would get an '18 as the RPMs at ~60mph will be sub - 2,000 - better mileage and quieter IMHO.

The biggest difference between a Premium Plus and a Prestige is the latter has automatic high beams, adaptive cruise control, LED interior lighting and the Virtual Cockpit comes standard. Every P+ seems to come with the Virtual Cockpit so you are not missing much by getting a P+. I do like the auto high beams and the ACC but if you have never had them, you probably won't miss them.

Good Luck!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:13 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands