Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Mishimoto's A/S 3 Intercooler and Piping Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mishimoto's A/S 3 Intercooler and Piping Thread

Hey Guys,

I'm Nick from Mishimoto and I'm starting this thread today to let you know that I will be your guide through our development of the intercooler and piping for the A3/S3. Our engineers are already hard at work on the project so keep an eye out on here and on our Engineering Blog for updates!

Until then feel free to shoot me any suggestions or ask any questions you might have!

Also, we've started with the VW's and haven't had any Audis in the shop, so if you have or know someone who has an A3 or S3 in the Delaware area that is willing to come in so we can test fit our fitment prototypes, drop me a line!

-Nick
Old 10-27-2017, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Intercooler question

HI nick, will this be a direct replacement or a true front mount and do you guys have any pics yet
Old 10-30-2017, 04:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mishimoto
Hey Guys,

I'm Nick from Mishimoto and I'm starting this thread today to let you know that I will be your guide through our development of the intercooler and piping for the A3/S3. Our engineers are already hard at work on the project so keep an eye out on here and on our Engineering Blog for updates!

Until then feel free to shoot me any suggestions or ask any questions you might have!

Also, we've started with the VW's and haven't had any Audis in the shop, so if you have or know someone who has an A3 or S3 in the Delaware area that is willing to come in so we can test fit our fitment prototypes, drop me a line!

-Nick
I am from the state of Delaware with 2016 A3 2.0T convertible. Let me know if I can be of help.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ionian2k
I am from the state of Delaware with 2016 A3 2.0T convertible. Let me know if I can be of help.
That would actually be pretty helpful! I will definitely reach out if we need you to come in!

Originally Posted by Drae
HI nick, will this be a direct replacement or a true front mount and do you guys have any pics yet
We're planning on a direct replacement. No photos just yet, we're still in the design phase, but we're getting close to a production sample!

I'll keep you guys updated as we move forward on this!

-Nick
Old 10-30-2017, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That would actually be pretty helpful! I will definitely reach out if we need you to come in!

We're planning on a direct replacement. No photos just yet, we're still in the design phase, but we're getting close to a production sample!

I'll keep you guys updated as we move forward on this!

-Nick
Do you guys make catch can for my car?
Old 10-31-2017, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ionian2k
Do you guys make catch can for my car?
We started on a direct fit kit for the Mk7 VWs, but after a couple thousand miles of testing we still weren't able to catch any blow-by. The reason being, it looks like VAG learned from the Mk5s, and their notorious carbon buildup issues and added their own air-oil separator in like with the PCV system which eliminates a vast majority of the oil sneaking through.

-Nick
Old 10-31-2017, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

We started on a direct fit kit for the Mk7 VWs, but after a couple thousand miles of testing we still weren't able to catch any blow-by. The reason being, it looks like VAG learned from the Mk5s, and their notorious carbon buildup issues and added their own air-oil separator in like with the PCV system which eliminates a vast majority of the oil sneaking through.

-Nick
Thanks for the candor comment. Hopefully that lesson has been applied to my 2016 A3
Old 01-12-2018, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump this thread up, and let you know that we're still on the hunt for a 2015-2017 A/S3 or TT to test our fitment prototype. If you're in the area and are willing to loan us your vehicle, shoot me a PM for details!

-Nick
Old 02-16-2018, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Guys,

Just bumping it up for a little teaser!

We were able to source a Golf R, which is more or less the same as the Audi variants. We're working on test fitting our fitment prototype, and on to the dyno for testing our piping after that!

Stay tuned!

-Nick
Old 10-01-2018, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Guys,

Happy Monday! Back again to bump up this thread with a little update!

We've been graced with the presence of a fresh faced Golf R for some dyno testing! Keep your eyes out in the next few weeks for a first look at our new intercooler design!

-Nick

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mishimoto's A/S 3 Intercooler and Piping Thread