Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

MMI software update?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI software update?

I was reading this:
https://www.audiworld.com/how-tos/a/...the-mmi-421124

And tried to follow the instructions, but when I log into my.audi.com, I can't find any of the links referred to in the article and the screenshots of the audi site are different than what is there today. Is it still possible to download the latest MMI to an SD card and flash it yourself?
I spent 15 minutes on the website trying to find how to download it and feel like I've spent all my time looking at product advertisements instead.

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2018, 03:26 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robr
I was reading this:
https://www.audiworld.com/how-tos/a/...the-mmi-421124

And tried to follow the instructions, but when I log into my.audi.com, I can't find any of the links referred to in the article and the screenshots of the audi site are different than what is there today. Is it still possible to download the latest MMI to an SD card and flash it yourself?
I spent 15 minutes on the website trying to find how to download it and feel like I've spent all my time looking at product advertisements instead.

Thanks!
I think it may be a problem with your web browser. When I log in using MS Internet Explorer (latest version) I can't figure how to set up the map download. When I log in using the Chrome browser there are buttons displayed that allow you to download stuff. See the attachment of a screen shot using Chrome.

If you log into your myAudi account using Chrome (assuming you set one up) and click on the "Audi Connect Services Button" just below the picture of your car you will be taken to another page that has a "map updates" button. This results in downloading a link - "filename.jnlp" to your download directory on your computer which appears to be a java applet. If you click on this, it downloads the "Audi Connect Download Client" which allows you to download the maps. I'm in the process of doing it right now - I'll provide an update when I get it installed in my car. The entire map package is 10.6GB. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Audi Map Update Chrome.pdf (112.3 KB, 5363 views)

Last edited by FlorS3; 03-17-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

thank you much, i see it now! while this is very handy and i'd love to update my maps (if needed), it doesn't mention that it also updates the MMI software. I don't see a download for that. there was a new version of MMI apparently released around january that contains some potentially interesting new options i'd like to check out.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:51 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Robr
thank you much, i see it now! while this is very handy and i'd love to update my maps (if needed), it doesn't mention that it also updates the MMI software. I don't see a download for that. there was a new version of MMI apparently released around january that contains some potentially interesting new options i'd like to check out.
When I log in to my account (for a 2018 S3 Prestige with all options except black optics and the sport seats) I don't see anything about a software download for anything other than the maps. It does say download the complete package or allows you to choose individual country (Canada, Mexico, or one of five sections of the US). Nothing about an MMI software update..
Old 03-17-2018, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FlorS3
When I log in to my account (for a 2018 S3 Prestige with all options except black optics and the sport seats) I don't see anything about a software download for anything other than the maps. It does say download the complete package or allows you to choose individual country (Canada, Mexico, or one of five sections of the US). Nothing about an MMI software update..
That's exactly what I'm saying. I was never asking about maps, though I very much appreciate your answer because I'd like to stay up to date on maps. The URL in my original post provided instructions on how to download and update the MMI software. Those instructions no longer work. That's the problem I'm trying to solve.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Would love to find an answer to this as well.
what kind of new options/features are you referring to ?
Old 03-18-2018, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The procedure is for maps only and has always been for maps only. You need the dealer for mmi updates.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:01 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Originally Posted by s3burgh
The procedure is for maps only and has always been for maps only. You need the dealer for mmi updates.
If you click on the link in Robr's initial post, the instructions are a bit vague but, as you state, it does appear to be for a maps update...
Old 03-18-2018, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FlorS3
I think it may be a problem with your web browser. When I log in using MS Internet Explorer (latest version) I can't figure how to set up the map download. When I log in using the Chrome browser there are buttons displayed that allow you to download stuff. See the attachment of a screen shot using Chrome.

If you log into your myAudi account using Chrome (assuming you set one up) and click on the "Audi Connect Services Button" just below the picture of your car you will be taken to another page that has a "map updates" button. This results in downloading a link - "filename.jnlp" to your download directory on your computer which appears to be a java applet. If you click on this, it downloads the "Audi Connect Download Client" which allows you to download the maps. I'm in the process of doing it right now - I'll provide an update when I get it installed in my car. The entire map package is 10.6GB. Hope this helps.
Sorry to be off topic, but does anyone know if map update requires current Audi Connect to be "up-to-date"? My Audi Connect will expire next month, so do you know if I can still get map updates after my Audi Connect expired? Thanks.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XMetal00
Sorry to be off topic, but does anyone know if map update requires current Audi Connect to be "up-to-date"? My Audi Connect will expire next month, so do you know if I can still get map updates after my Audi Connect expired? Thanks.
Map updates do not require an audi connect subscription. You can download them through the audi connect services page in myaudi.com

Quick Reply: MMI software update?