Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

MMI software update?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlorS3
If you click on the link in Robr's initial post, the instructions are a bit vague but, as you state, it does appear to be for a maps update...
Yeah I guess you're right. The link that led me there was from a discussion thread talking about MMI updates, then that page starts out talking about an MMI update but somewhere along the way it switches to maps.
Bummer we can't do the MMI update ourselves.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just completed the map update on my 2018 S3. It took about an hour. The latest maps are Version 2018 (the old version was 2017/2018).

The download from the Audi website to my computer (which I then transferred to an SD card) took FOREVER (several hours). To transfer the data (~12.5GB) from my computer to the SD card took ~20m which tells me the download speed from the Audi website was terrible - but I don't know who (Audi, Comcast, ?) was at fault.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it may be a problem with your web browser. When I log in using MS Internet Explorer (latest version) I can't figure how to set up the map download. When I log in using the Chrome browser there are buttons displayed that allow you to download stuff. See the attachment of a screen shot using Chrome.

If you log into your myAudi account using Chrome (assuming you set one up) and click on the "Audi Connect Services Button" just below the picture of your car you will be taken to another page that has a "map updates" button. This results in downloading a link - "filename.jnlp" to your download directory on your computer which appears to be a java applet. If you click on this, it downloads the "Audi Connect Download Client" which allows you to download the maps. I'm in the process of doing it right now - I'll provide an update when I get it installed in my car. The entire map package is 10.6GB. Hope this helps.
Has the Audi website changed....? I can't see anything like this when I login
Old 09-07-2018, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The option "Map Update" is still there wnen I log in and go to the Services page.

Last edited by Jnjrowland; 09-07-2018 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My screen looks like this, I wonder if it is because I'm in the UK....? It just gives me my local dealer information.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have a audi 2004 a8 any updat link? For the Software i really need it i have been

Im looking for a 2004 audi a8 softwere link update please help
Old 03-08-2019, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

You should post in the A8 forum for your model year: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...discussion-60/
Old 04-25-2019, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frimware and maps link

I think it may be a problem with your web browser. When I log in using MS Internet Explorer (latest version) I can't figure how to set up the map download. When I log in using the Chrome browser there are buttons displayed that allow you to download stuff. See the attachment of a screen shot using Chrome.

If you log into your myAudi account using Chrome (assuming you set one up) and click on the "Audi Connect Services Button" just below the picture of your car you will be taken to another page that has a "map updates" button. This results in downloading a link - "filename.jnlp" to your download directory on your computer which appears to be a java applet. If you click on this, it downloads the "Audi Connect Download Client" which allows you to download the maps. I'm in the process of doing it right now - I'll provide an update when I get it installed in my car. The entire map package is 10.6GB. Hope this helps.
Does anyone have the direct link for the a 2010 Audi Q5 maps and firmware update I am unable to register or log in and find a vehicle they have stopped as of 2011 so I can't even select my year and the dealer wants to charge me over $500 to do this I'm not paying that
Old 04-25-2019, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kimberly Pina
Does anyone have the direct link for the a 2010 Audi Q5 maps and firmware update I am unable to register or log in and find a vehicle they have stopped as of 2011 so I can't even select my year and the dealer wants to charge me over $500 to do this I'm not paying that
You are past the time of updates being available.

That said, there is inherently something wrong with Audi map updates. I have three cars. The lowest end of those is a Honda Civic. Garmin does the maps for them. Via a Garmin Express I download it is available for free and the process is EASY and radically faster than Audi updates for THOSE WHO CAN GET THEM TO WORK. There have been so many posts with problems that it is obvious the Audi process is not the technology promised by an advanced technology company. And frankly based on cost of factory navigation, I do not see a reason that updates should not be available FOREVER. We are moving toward self driving cars. Free updates forever will be needed on those. Navigation will become a mandatory option. And then there will be big problems if maps are not always up to date. Being updated continuously will become important. In the mean time, Audi should both make updates continuously available and easy to accomplish. Audi does provide a lot of other value. But ease of download and availability forever should be an appropriate addition to what has been offered. The few who will pay does not offset those who refuse navigation because of limitations on the update process.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone tried the https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi# site for map download recently? It's taken me to a different page and now I can't locate the download page. For those in the U.S. can you share the new download page? Thanks.

Quick Reply: MMI software update?