AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/)
-   -   New 2018/2019 Maps Available (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/new-2018-2019-maps-available-2953064/)

Nachos Libres 07-09-2018 12:21 PM

New 2018/2019 Maps Available

I didn't see a topic on this yet, but it appears the new 2018/2019 map versions are available from my.audi.com. I'm downloading them as we speak and hope to install via SD card later today.

Timmay 07-09-2018 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nachos Libres (Post 25177267)
I didn't see a topic on this yet, but it appears the new 2018/2019 map versions are available from my.audi.com. I'm downloading them as we speak and hope to install via SD card later today.

Is there a cost to do this?

Nachos Libres 07-09-2018 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Timmay (Post 25177308)
Is there a cost to do this?

No, not if you have a 2015 or newer year model.

russbert 07-09-2018 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nachos Libres (Post 25177267)

Well I am GLAD you are making this work because I tried it yesterday a half a dozen times with NO success!

Can you spell exactly what steps you took to make this work? It seemed very straight forward to me but the Java tool (the download tool) was only 19KB in length and would NOT run so I could use an assist. :)

Thanks.

Nachos Libres 07-09-2018 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by russbert (Post 25177337)
Well I am GLAD you are making this work because I tried it yesterday a half a dozen times with NO success!

Can you spell exactly what steps you took to make this work? It seemed very straight forward to me but the Java tool (the download tool) was only 19KB in length and would NOT run so I could use an assist. :)

Thanks.

Haha, well, the downloader is annoying. I've found after installing the latest Java runtime (from https://java.com), installing it and allowing it to run (Apple wants to prevent it from running which makes sense), and then clicking on the download from Audi, the downloader will begin to work. I just create an untitled folder on my desktop and have it download to there - I've found you have to make sure the display doesn't go to sleep and I check the downloader every several minutes or so because I have had it time out and it has made me sign in again (thankfully it resumed the download). At first it starts at very slow speeds but at the end was around 2.5 MB/s and I was able to download all the files in an hour and a half I believe. There were several times where I had to unpause the downloader or pause it and then unpause so that it would download at a faster speed.

Once that is done I moved the files from the folder to my 32 GB SD card. I then installed the SD card into the SD slot in my S3, pressed the menu button on the MMI system, went down to settings, clicked the left menu button, and I believe went to system preferences. Once the MMI was up and running there was an option for System Update that become available to select and I chose the SD card as the source. It is now installing now, and will do so in the background (this is the third time I've done it so I'm used to it) and so it should be done later tonight sometime, probably within an hour.

XMetal00 07-09-2018 04:27 PM

It does the update in the background? Does this mean that after I started the update installation, I can shut down the car, then use (drive/shutoff) the car as normal and it won't affect the update?

Nachos Libres 07-09-2018 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by XMetal00 (Post 25177407)
It does the update in the background? Does this mean that after I started the update installation, I can shut down the car, then use (drive/shutoff) the car as normal and it won't affect the update?

Correct. Mine completed the update in about an hour.

uniqueMR 07-09-2018 07:23 PM

Hmmm I thought downloads are automatically installed over the air.
BMW does that and my nav in M4 auto updated over the air.

rccoleman 07-09-2018 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by uniqueMR (Post 25177468)

I was able to download a small number of regions OTA, but that could have been as part of the Audi Connect trial. It was one of the options along with SD, USB, etc., and it wasn't automatic.

XMetal00 07-09-2018 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by uniqueMR (Post 25177468)

You can only do over the air update if you have Audi Connect