Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

New 2018/2019 Maps Available

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by russbert
OK, I am getting closer but still no cigar! The car will NOT recognize either a USB or SD Card for the updates so my question is this ... does the Audi map updates have to be the ONLY thing occupying the SD card (i.e., no other files and/or folders) AND should the map updates **NOT** be under a folder name (I used Audi Maps)? Thanks.
I recommend putting it at the root, as that's where the downloader puts it. That's a typical restriction for device updates (like cameras), and the car probably isn't going to find it in some random subdirectory.

Here's what the root directory of the flash drive that I used looks like:

Old 07-16-2018, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rccoleman
I recommend putting it at the root, as that's where the downloader puts it. That's a typical restriction for device updates (like cameras), and the car probably isn't going to find it in some random subdirectory.

Here's what the root directory of the flash drive that I used looks like:

I thought putting everything into the Root Directory might be the key ingedient but I appreciate you answering so it wasn't just hit or miss again. Yea, it works!!
Old 07-18-2018, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The navigation system of your vehicle is up to date.

Is the message I get now when I go to the Map update link from myAdui. I think theer's a download limit, you only get 5 downloads.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gamegenie

The navigation system of your vehicle is up to date.

Is the message I get now when I go to the Map update link from myAdui. I think theer's a download limit, you only get 5 downloads.
Yes, I was so happy when I saw that message. Five downloads ... That's my understanding as well so I put a calendar reminder for about this time next year to update again (even though the maps are updated every 6 months from what I've been told). I guess we will resurrect this thread next July then.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by russbert
Yes, I was so happy when I saw that message. Five downloads ... That's my understanding as well so I put a calendar reminder for about this time next year to update again (even though the maps are updated every 6 months from what I've been told). I guess we will resurrect this thread next July then.
Sucks that I used my last one up last year. Because last year map update was a waste of time. The roads the Nav did not have mapped that existed, still did not exist on the Nav after the update.

I wish some would take all their updates and put them up on a Filehost.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi people. I'm new to this forum as I just purchased two 2016 Audis: an A3 and S3. Been out of the Audi scene way too long. Good to be back. I'm trying to update the nav maps, but my SD card doesn't have the root directory files. Do those files come as part of the download, or are they supposed to be on the SD card already? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bugate
Hi people. I'm new to this forum as I just purchased two 2016 Audis: an A3 and S3. Been out of the Audi scene way too long. Good to be back. I'm trying to update the nav maps, but my SD card doesn't have the root directory files. Do those files come as part of the download, or are they supposed to be on the SD card already? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
All the files shown are part of the download. Although, my last download didn't come with that XML file that's shown on here.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by XMetal00
All the files shown are part of the download. Although, my last download didn't come with that XML file that's shown on here.
Yeah, not sure how that got there, and probably isn't related. I suspect that it was already on the flash drive when I downloaded the update.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I tried downloading the update again in hopes those root directory folders and files would show up, but no such luck. It appears that the rest of the update is there, but the MMI doesn't recognize the SD card. Am I missing something here? Audi says "The Map Update includes the first five updates to the version of the map installed at the factory. The updates are issued every six months." Does that mean you can only get the updates for 2 1/2 years? I'm really hoping it simply means five updates total, since mine hasn't been updated at all.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Before I downloaded the update I first formatted the SD card. I did so to ensure that it was a 'clean' install and that worked well for me. Perhaps that would help in your situation.

Quick Reply: New 2018/2019 Maps Available