Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

New Guy Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy Introduction

I just picked this ‘15 S3 a few days ago, and I really dig it. I was looking for a small, sporty sedan (no hatchback) with AWD. This car quickly made it to the top of a very short list. I have no regrets so far, and I’m looking forward to testing it out on some excellent driving roads that we have not far from here.

I plan on doing a few mods, but nothing crazy. Already did the Resonator Delete Kit and the sound enhancement is perfect for me. Going to my Audi/VW tuner tomorrow to inquire about a APR Stage 1 tune and some wheel spacers to get the stance right. That’ it, that’s all I want to do. I have gotten carried away with mods on some past vehicles only to have regrets.

I’ve been spending some time on this site and gained some valuable information. Great job guys. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a good looking ride, congrats on the purchase. I happen to think Florett Silver is one of the best colors on the S3 and RS3. Enjoy your S3 and enjoy your time here!
Old 06-10-2018, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am literally you.... just picked mine up about a month ago.

Any sound clips on the resonater delete ?

Mine -

Old 06-11-2018, 01:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Beautiful car and color. Great choice. Enjoy
Old 06-11-2018, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks guys. I agree about this color as it really shows off the lines on the car. I missed out on an earlier opportunity to get one in Sepang Blue Pearl. I really like that color.

I don’t have any sound clips on the exhaust with the resonator delete, but you can find one on YouTube if you search. There’s a noticeable increase in sound, but it’s not too loud for a old guy like me. Also, just picked up some wheel spacers today (10mm front/15mm rear) and hope to install them tomorrow.

I’m most excited about getting my APR Stage 1 tune though. Have an appointment for June 20 to get the ECU and TCU done at the same time. It’s a little more expensive (here in Canada) than I thought it would be, but I have a lot of faith in APR products. Can’t wait.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks guys. I agree about this color as it really shows off the lines on the car. I missed out on an earlier opportunity to get one in Sepang Blue Pearl. I really like that color.

I don’t have any sound clips on the exhaust with the resonator delete, but you can find one on YouTube if you search. There’s a noticeable increase in sound, but it’s not too loud for a old guy like me. Also, just picked up some wheel spacers today (10mm front/15mm rear) and hope to install them tomorrow.

I’m most excited about getting my APR Stage 1 tune though. Have an appointment for June 20 to get the ECU and TCU done at the same time. It’s a little more expensive (here in Canada) than I thought it would be, but I have a lot of faith in APR products. Can’t wait.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice and welcome
Old 06-13-2018, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car; enjoy! Silver indeed shows lines the best. Looking forward to your take on the APR Stage 1 ECU/DSG tune.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Welcome

I did the resonator delete and never regretted it. I did ECS wheel spacers (10mm front 17mm rear) and they have been flawless. They fill out the wheel wells nicely.
There are many other neat cosmetic and performance mods you can consider - APR sounds like a good start.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by whitby
There are many other neat cosmetic and performance mods you can consider - APR sounds like a good start.
Indeed, there are many ways to spend money on these cars. Trust me, I’ve been looking around. I gave the wheel spacers a good test today and they are flawless. Getting excited about the APR tune on June 20.

Quick Reply: New Guy Introduction