Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

New member here with tire changing question

Old 01-26-2018, 03:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancity88
Hey Py0413;

I'm also from Vancouver and was really worried about these tires when I got my S3 last year. The problem is it rains a lot in Vancouver but as for cold weather, it only goes below 7 degree for 3-4 months in a year (not even every day unless you live up in North Shore areas). P-Zero is not the best summer/performance tire out there but IMO much better than all-season tires especially in a sports car like S3 and RS3. SO I decided to get a new set of winter tires and wheels (Michelin Alpine Sport winter tire) for winters and keep my P-Zeros as for summer driving to enjoy the car. And I'm planning to swap those P-zero tires when they are done with Michelin summer performance tires. Just my two cent
Hello Vancity88,

Yes, I definitely agree that under normal condition, those P-zero tires performs better than most of all the all-season tires out there. I was hoping to get a set of winters but then the timing wasn't right. They were either sold out or retailers asking for ridiculous price. With the heavy rain and low temperature, it's definitely not the best choice to run those summer tires especially I commute on hwy very often. Even with all-season tires, with heavy rain, I find the car often has this pulling left/right behaviour, and that's as I drove in Dynamic mode which pretty much is the only mode I use in all my car (dynamic/Sport +). Last couple of days, I made a switch to AUTO mode and it actually helps quite a lot. Now, the pulling left/right behaviour seems to occur less. I was wondering it could also be those tires were brand new and needed some mileage to break-in. Anyways, I must say I am very impressed with this Audi. To me, this, so for, is the best $70k I ever spend on a car.