Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

No 2019 RS3! At least for now

Old 01-19-2019, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like Ipanema Brown Metallic from the charts I've seen. Basically a caramel color. Kinda cool, but not my thing.

If the buyer wanted something he'd never see again, that would explain the choice...
Old 01-20-2019, 07:21 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Yeah, that custom color will require a very specific taste. Hopefully a customer ordered car who backed out and not a wasted dealer spec allocation.
Originally Posted by Raidin
Looks like Ipanema Brown Metallic from the charts I've seen. Basically a caramel color. Kinda cool, but not my thing.

If the buyer wanted something he'd never see again, that would explain the choice...
You know what might have taken place ???
The customer that had that ordered was expecting to actually see something different and when they did see this in person they (Declined) taking it.
That does happen and if that same customer did do that ???
They might have not lost their deposit if they did in-fact purchase a different Audi from the dealership.

I really cannot imagine a dealer ordering that RS3 with all those options and also in that Odd-Ball-Color.

Terry
Old 01-20-2019, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That color is not odd
Old 01-20-2019, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
The customer that had that ordered was expecting to actually see something different and when they did see this in person they (Declined) taking it.
They might have not lost their deposit if they did in-fact purchase a different Audi from the dealership.

I really cannot imagine a dealer ordering that RS3 with all those options and also in that Odd-Ball-Color.

Terry
Yep, that could be it too. I'd like to think people who order custom colors sight unseen know what they're doing, but you never know!

Originally Posted by gamegenie
That color is not odd
I think he meant that it's odd in the sense that it's a color you don't see every day and not often chosen even if it were a standard color.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker

Terry
Originally Posted by gamegenie
That color is not odd
Originally Posted by Raidin
Yep, that could be it too. I'd like to think people who order custom colors sight unseen know what they're doing, but you never know!

I think he meant that it's odd in the sense that it's a color you don't see every day and not often chosen even if it were a standard color.
Raidin,

Your right as I had been in contact with that Audi dealer last week inquiring about it.
The way it ended up was they were not going to Discount it to get rid of it.
That was the last I heard from them and since that Custom-Color to me and I think we could say to others is odd that RS3 is still sitting.
And since we all know we have now placed orders for the 2019 RS3 who in their right mind is going to pay MSRP for what's already a Year-Old-Car.
And believe me it's considered a 1 year old car to Bank-of-America and more than likely any other major lender.
I know because last year I purchased a new Challenger Hellcat that was a 2017 model.
I quickly found out that Bank-of-America had a higher-lend-rate because they considered it a used car even though it was New and never been sold.
If that Audi dealer had came back to me with something like .........
We will show you our invoice and sell it to you for that plus we will also allow 1/2 of our Hold-back and give you our Buy-Rate for the loan.
Then we would have had something to discuss but they are wanting Full MSRP on what people in the Business refer to as a Bastard car.
How do I know all this guys because I worked for New Car Dealerships in all different capacities for 20 years.
And part of that time I actually worked with New Car Processing so I know all about exactly what Dealers actually pay and what monies they get back from the manufacturers.
What many-many times the public falls into is LOVING a specific car and at that point they are (Usually-Screwed) on getting any sort of good deal.
A car is nothing but a Huge-Loss guys from the time you sign the paperwork in the business office and walk out of it.
(Yes there are exceptions guys I'm speaking obviously for the majority of cases)

I'm 73 years old and believe me if there is one thing I know it's all about taking huge-huge-loses on new cars.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-20-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree, Terry. My opinion is that since used RS3s are still commanding near-brand new cost with virtually no depreciation, dealers won't discount something like this until they see no other choice. It's in their best interest to keep it high since it's a unique car, unique color, with nearly every option and accessory. It may be last year's model, but that doesn't matter if you can't buy a 2019 off the lot or order one within 3 months as it is. If you want a new RS3, this is one of the rare examples available right now, otherwise you have to go used, and still pay a lot.

There's no real risk to the dealer for doing this so it's understandable. At least there's a unique RS3 waiting out there if anyone's interested. =P
Old 01-20-2019, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

It's certainly not a color everyone is going to love, but it's not totally crazy either. It's one of the standard exclusive colors. There is an R8 currently for sale in the same color right now.

Last edited by farmerjones; 01-20-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
There is an R8 currently for sale in the same color right now.
Ipanema Brown

Ipanema Brown
Old 01-20-2019, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Financially it does not make sense to pay anywhere near MSRP for this. Since it is a 2018 model, loan pricing would most definitely be different versus someone picking up a 2019... depreciation would be a bigger hit and to me it is a tough sell without a deep discount.

But... a sucker will come along... ahem... someone will come along and pay full price for that car
Old 01-21-2019, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Ipanema Brown

Ipanema Brown
I totally agree with you and it says exactly the same exact thing on the RS3 (Still) sitting on a showroom floor, Not-Sold.

Originally Posted by Baylorguy
Financially it does not make sense to pay anywhere near MSRP for this. Since it is a 2018 model, loan pricing would most definitely be different versus someone picking up a 2019... depreciation would be a bigger hit and to me it is a tough sell without a deep discount.

But... a sucker will come along... ahem... someone will come along and pay full price for that car
Exactly, someone will come by and if the right sales-person gets hold of them I can hear it all right now and it goes like the following.
Sir, I see your admiring the 1-Off (Special Ordered) RS3/R8 we just now received.
It took us forever to get it as we wanted it loaded to the gills for the Client like yourself that wants what No-Body-Else has.
Would you be Trading something in on it or purchasing it out-right Sir ???
And it goes on and on as that buyer gets sold Deeper & Deeper into the .........................

BTW,
For those that have never been personally involved in the new car dealership business read below.
These are comments that are made once that (Special-Client) is driving away in that 1-Off vehicle.
Sales-people comments,
Man I thought we would never-ever get rid of that Bastard colored thing.
Man you (Sales-Person) just Rang-the-Bell on that one for sure.
Man I wished I could have gotten that (Customer) and your incentive bonus on that is going to be Killer.
That thing has been here for a year and you lucky dog you just Hit a Home-Run on your Commission & Incentive monies.
I had to turn my head a few times listening to you telling that guy how Special that Rock was and you kept a Straight-Face to boot.
The Best part was when we heard you tell him it was No-Doubt in your mind it was already a Classic and more than likely one day would be worth it's weight in Gold.
If you think the above was (Pathetic) you should see what takes place when it's an UN-Knowing Family-Member or suppose to be Friend.
I could go on but the above at least gives you the general idea of the real world on those Special Cars guys.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-21-2019 at 05:29 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No 2019 RS3! At least for now