AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/)
-   -   No 2019 RS3! At least for now (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/no-2019-rs3-least-now-2957053/)

Rans09vert 08-30-2018 12:30 PM

No 2019 RS3! At least for now

As some of you know, Audi has been FORCED to temporarily pull the plug on all 2019 RS3 models, in Europe and other markets. I guess other markets means here in the US. They stated they anticipate to resume production in early 2019, but its not confirmed. And it looks like they will have to "detune" the 5 cylinder to comply with the emission standards.

Can anyone confirm this is for the US? I recently got my 2018 RS3, and am glad to have it. Detuning by 10+ horsepower or more for the 2019 to comply is probably what will happen. Not great news for you waiting for a 2019.

prs3p 08-30-2018 02:43 PM

i just got mine yesterday...but the dealer told me I could order 2019...for a 4-5 month delivery.
Not sure what would have happened if I did order a 2019 model...maybe never gotten it or if I did it would have been detuned and 25% more expensive coming from Europe
P

Xenny 08-30-2018 04:44 PM

The optimist in me hopes Audi continues to deliver the RS3 to non WLTP markets up to the point they are ready to switch over to whatever version they had to make to meet the new standards. AFAIK the USA is currently only observing what is happening with the WLTP and not enforcing it or adopting it at this point.

I brought this up with my dealer and have been told they are still seeing a December port delivery for my 2019. They were going to look into the matter further and get back to me.

Rans09vert 08-30-2018 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Xenny (Post 25203371)
The optimist in me hopes Audi continues to deliver the RS3 to non WLTP markets up to the point they are ready to switch over to whatever version they had to make to meet the new standards. AFAIK the USA is currently only observing what is happening with the WLTP and not enforcing it or adopting it at this point.

I brought this up with my dealer and have been told they are still seeing a December port delivery for my 2019. They were going to look into the matter further and get back to me.

Xenny,

Hopefully thats the case for you, and you get your car with all 400 horses.

Blue Smoke 08-31-2018 02:18 PM

Regulations

I posted this on the other 2019 RS3 thread so apologies if this is a repeat for some...

The 2019 RS3 may be impacted by WLTP emissions regulations:
https://www.motor1.com/news/263681/a...roduction-stop

Blue Smoke 08-31-2018 02:19 PM

Regulations

Here's the text from the article:

It’s safe to say the forthcoming Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure is giving the Volkswagen Group a lot of headaches. We’ve seen models from the VW core brand, SEAT, and Porsche being affected by the switch from NEDC to WLTP, and now it looks like Audi is having some troubles as well.

Our colleagues at Car Advice got in touch with the automaker’s local division after one of their readers noticed the RS3 was missing from the online configurator. The reason why it’s MIA is because production of the RS3 Sportback and RS3 Sedan has been temporarily stopped for countries with EU homologation.

This decision also affects Australia, but the silver lining is the Four Rings anticipate production will be resumed at the beginning of next year. Audi is confident availability is not much of a problem – at least Down Under – because the existing stock levels are expected to last for several months.

With the Golf GTI ditching the 230-hp version and the Golf R losing 10 horsepower in order to become WLTP-friendly, some people are probably concerned Audi might have to fiddle with the 5-cylinder engine to make it eligible for the new test cycle. It’s too soon to say whether the new regime will have a negative impact on the number of ponies delivered by the 2.5-liter unit, which churns 394 horsepower and 354 pound-feet (480 Newton-meters) of torque.

Outside of the VAG empire, other cars have been impacted by WLTP, with Peugeot having to pause production of the 308 GTi hot hatch while the gasoline-fueled BMW 7 Series models are no longer listed in the German configurator. The electrified 740e and 740Le are still available, though.

As a final note, we checked Audi Deutschland’s configurator where the RS3 Sportback and RS3 Sedan are listed as being sold out for the 2018MY. It means customers can’t configure a new car, but Audi mentions already produced vehicles are waiting at dealers.

BusStopF1 08-31-2018 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Xenny (Post 25203371)

First post on here since I too have a 2019 on order (currently have an S3). Have asked my dealer for some color on this situation too, so we’ll see what they have to say. I recall seeing an order guide or something to that effect that listed the power output as the same, but I can’t seem to find. The one I was provided just lists it as a 2.5 5-cylinder.

The last update I had a month ago listed the vehicle status as “factory” and ETA as “on hold, revised ETA pending”. Not sure what either of those mean specifically but I’m optimistic that I’ve made enough progress to suggest that the US is unaffected here (albeit fully prepared for disastrous news lol).

gamegenie 09-01-2018 06:25 AM

Im pretty sure this only affects Europe and is regarding the emissions regulation that VAG violated.

Go to our Audi website www.audiusa.com the Audi RS3 is still there.

BusStopF1 09-01-2018 12:26 PM

Received word from my dealer that US appears to be unaffected. My car is slated for November delivery.

nate 09-05-2018 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by BusStopF1 (Post 25204134)
Received word from my dealer that US appears to be unaffected. My car is slated for November delivery.

Same -- US is not affected by this. Still no official build dates apparently, but I have a tentative build the 3rd week of October, probably first week of December for delivery. Three weeks on a boat and then a week getting it to Colorado.

I need to start figuring out what to do about snow wheels/tires!