Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

No 2019 RS3! At least for now

Old 04-10-2019, 03:38 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BusStopF1
BTW, my car departed port on 3/20 and the ETA into San Diego is 4/19.
Anyone else have a car on that boat potentially?
I haven’t had any luck trying to determine what exact boat it’s on so I can track it.
BusStopF1,

Congratulations on your's actually being (Confirmed) it's really-really-honestly on the Ship heading to the USA.

I thought awhile back mine was on a ship heading to the USA but I wonder if it is now
Seems these things change for no apparent reason at all.

I do hope once guys like yourself actually take delivery you will do a (Separate) thread and tell us what you think ???
And maybe some quick cellphone pictures of your's while we hold tight for ours.

Terry
Old 04-10-2019, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
BusStopF1,

Congratulations on your's actually being (Confirmed) it's really-really-honestly on the Ship heading to the USA.

I thought awhile back mine was on a ship heading to the USA but I wonder if it is now
Seems these things change for no apparent reason at all.

I do hope once guys like yourself actually take delivery you will do a (Separate) thread and tell us what you think ???
And maybe some quick cellphone pictures of your's while we hold tight for ours.

Terry
Oh most definitely. What’s the point of this thread if we don’t get to see the pay off once we get to take delivery of these cars!
Old 04-10-2019, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

there are cars already at port in the US - so I think we should see them starting to clear end of this month with any luck
Old 04-11-2019, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All, Worked a deal to trade in my 2018 Golf R for an RS3 on Tues night.

On Tuesday, there was a port hold on the car we selected with a date of June 1, per what my sales guy told me and what I saw on their screen.

Today I got a screenshot and the hold type has changed to "Distribution"

Status is in-transit from factory but location is still Factory.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:55 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GolfGL
Hi All, Worked a deal to trade in my 2018 Golf R for an RS3 on Tues night.

On Tuesday, there was a port hold on the car we selected with a date of June 1, per what my sales guy told me and what I saw on their screen.

Today I got a screenshot and the hold type has changed to "Distribution"

Status is in-transit from factory but location is still Factory.
Arun,

Well buddy congratulations on your New 2019 RS3 order being placed.

We also have a Golf R that is actually my wife's car.
That being the case and both of us really enjoying it and it has not had any negative issues at all since purchasing it new back in 2017.
So, I said to wife (Cathy) what do you think about me getting a new 2019 Audi RS3 and trading in the Challenger Hellcat ???
Her response was quick and to the point, Terry you should have gotten the RS3 back then.

Cathy and me picking up her Golf R.
She loves it and thinks I will love the RS3 as it will have the Biggggggggggggg ............... POWER-House-Engine. LOL !!!

Terry
Old 04-12-2019, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

More FYI... the latest update I got today still holds the same port arrival ETA. Thinking I should take delivery ~a week or so after that given the remaining ETAs.

Good news is that the Distribution and Launch holds that were showing up before are gone. So no more holds listed on the sheet.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

NICE !! Man I sure hope I hear some news on ours soon, drives ya crazy for sure lol
Old 04-13-2019, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sinister#4
NICE !! Man I sure hope I hear some news on ours soon, drives ya crazy for sure lol
I can only imagine... and it goes without saying that this vehicle tracking process is so much worse than any other brand I’ve dealt with. They really need an online system we can use. I feel like I’ve sent my advisor thousands of emails at this stage...
Old 04-13-2019, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

For sure, its HORRID the other thing I really don't get is why on earth would you build cars for stock before those that are ordered and people are waiting to pick up with cash in hand ???? It's not like these things have a zillion options, the first run should be all cars that are ordered, then cars for dealer stock. I've really never had such a crazy experience ordering a car, ever. And i've ordered some pretty rare ones over the years..........
Old 04-13-2019, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sinister#4
For sure, its HORRID the other thing I really don't get is why on earth would you build cars for stock before those that are ordered and people are waiting to pick up with cash in hand ???? It's not like these things have a zillion options, the first run should be all cars that are ordered, then cars for dealer stock. I've really never had such a crazy experience ordering a car, ever. And i've ordered some pretty rare ones over the years..........
Yeah, it’s not great, to say the least. And after 10 months of waiting, trust me I’ve considered literally every other option and just nothing excites me nearly as much as the RS3. So let’s hope after this wait, it’s worth it. But I’m pretty confident it will be.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No 2019 RS3! At least for now