Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

No 2019 RS3! At least for now

Old 10-29-2018, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We started looking around last week for a 2018 RS3 with the specs we wanted in the 2019, and found one in Knoxville. We asked our local dealer to make an exchange Thursday, they posted the model on their website Friday, and the car arrived Saturday night. We picked it up today, and found out that 1) three other dealers had contacted them to see if the car was still available, and 2) that they had 3-4 2019 RS3 orders with allotments but absolutely no movement into production. Apparently the wait is even worse for the TT RS (10+ months?). Audi won't give them a time frame, but from what they've heard deliveries are pushed back to March or April at the earliest.
Facebook Post
Old 10-30-2018, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plenty of lightly used 2018 RS3's for sale on ACNA and other sites if you just can't wait. The packaging of options here in the US makes finding one to your liking easy.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. Interesting developments. I’m really hoping I hear production is complete on my car soon, but I won’t be surprised if I’m similarly delayed. *crossing fingers*
Old 10-30-2018, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiscoaudi
We started looking around last week for a 2018 RS3 with the specs we wanted in the 2019, and found one in Knoxville. We asked our local dealer to make an exchange Thursday, they posted the model on their website Friday, and the car arrived Saturday night. We picked it up today, and found out that 1) three other dealers had contacted them to see if the car was still available, and 2) that they had 3-4 2019 RS3 orders with allotments but absolutely no movement into production. Apparently the wait is even worse for the TT RS (10+ months?). Audi won't give them a time frame, but from what they've heard deliveries are pushed back to March or April at the earliest. https://www.facebook.com/audinorthsh...type=3&theater
I almost bought this car about two weeks ago, but really wanted the RS Design interior. Ended up buying a different one in PA. Congrats on the buy!
Old 10-31-2018, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 71camaro
I almost bought this car about two weeks ago, but really wanted the RS Design interior. Ended up buying a different one in PA. Congrats on the buy!
Glad you didn't, but found the one you really wanted!! We were looking for it without the RS Design interior, to each his own.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by michael818
Plenty of lightly used 2018 RS3's for sale on ACNA and other sites if you just can't wait. The packaging of options here in the US makes finding one to your liking easy.
FYI, and now, mine is one of them as I just traded it earlier this week on a 2018 Cayman GTS (see attached animated GIF; hopefully it works). Mine has just over 10k miles and is in fantastic shape with some really nice options (the popup screen even retracts). I traded it in Cincinnati so it should be up there somewhere.

From this beautiful RS3 to ....

... this gorgeous Cayman GTS!

Last edited by russbert; 11-01-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice, congrats! I was debating between the RS3 and a Boxster GTS, but to be honest, just couldn’t get behind the new flat four. Still an amazing car though and looks phenomenal
Old 11-03-2018, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BusStopF1
Very nice, congrats! I was debating between the RS3 and a Boxster GTS, but to be honest, just couldn’t get behind the new flat four. Still an amazing car though and looks phenomenal
Thanks, I really like it a lot so make sure you test drive it as I wasn't too keen on the new engine UNTIL I drove it and its pretty awesome. Going up into the mountains for a few days so will provide impressions later if you're interested.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by russbert
Thanks, I really like it a lot so make sure you test drive it as I wasn't too keen on the new engine UNTIL I drove it and its pretty awesome. Going up into the mountains for a few days so will provide impressions later if you're interested.
Very interested! I’m sure it’s even better in the mountains. Is your’s manual or PDK?
Old 11-04-2018, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by russbert
FYI, and now, mine is one of them as I just traded it earlier this week on a 2018 Cayman GTS (see attached animated GIF; hopefully it works). Mine has just over 10k miles and is in fantastic shape with some really nice options (the popup screen even retracts). I traded it in Cincinnati so it should be up there somewhere.

From this beautiful RS3 to ....

... this gorgeous Cayman GTS!
What?? Nice new ride, agreed, but sorry to see you leave the RS3 behind.
Enjoy, though!

scot

Last edited by zzcett; 11-04-2018 at 12:02 AM. Reason: remove unneded quoted photos

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No 2019 RS3! At least for now