Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

No 2019 RS3! At least for now

 
Old 05-16-2019, 07:26 AM
  #341  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
To all the folks on the Hoegh Bangkok... position update as of about 40 min ago. Looks like ETA to Halifax is late Friday.
Well, Phil, looks like we will get our cars sooner rather than later.
Fun times are coming.

Cheers,
Tom
TexasGolfR is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 07:35 AM
  #342  
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tennessee USA
Posts: 441
Default

Originally Posted by TexasGolfR View Post
Well, Phil, looks like we will get our cars sooner rather than later.
Fun times are coming.

Cheers,
Tom
So Tom,

It reads like things are moving in a Speedy manner now for sure.

Ain't gonna be long now.



Terry
tigerhonaker is online now  
Old 05-16-2019, 09:18 AM
  #343  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 47
Default

Hey Terry,

If I get my car soon enough who knows, I may beat you to the 1000-mile break-in point.
If that happens I will be the one potentially suffering a heart attack with the first Launch Control sprint to ...??? mph.

Cheers,
Tom
TexasGolfR is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 12:54 PM
  #344  
AudiWorld Member
 
nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 269
Default

Originally Posted by TexasGolfR View Post
Hey Terry,

If I get my car soon enough who knows, I may beat you to the 1000-mile break-in point.
If that happens I will be the one potentially suffering a heart attack with the first Launch Control sprint to ...??? mph.

Cheers,
Tom
Speaking of... What is the recommended break-in? I have heard people say there's no break-in (that the ECU will learn anyway and that there's no point), others say baby it for 1K miles... Opinions abound.
nate is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:19 PM
  #345  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 92
Default

Originally Posted by nate View Post
Speaking of... What is the recommended break-in? I have heard people say there's no break-in (that the ECU will learn anyway and that there's no point), others say baby it for 1K miles... Opinions abound.
I found this article to be most helpful and tracks with my own personal experience. So far, I have a little over 800 miles. I didnít go crazy right from the gate (kept revs mostly under 5,500 rpm), but I havenít babied it either. Plan to refresh the oil here shortly.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...-in-a-new-car/
BusStopF1 is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 12:30 PM
  #346  
AudiWorld Member
 
Raidin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Katy, TX (Houston area)
Posts: 97
Default

Originally Posted by nate View Post
Speaking of... What is the recommended break-in? I have heard people say there's no break-in (that the ECU will learn anyway and that there's no point), others say baby it for 1K miles... Opinions abound.
Page 74 from the manual, the first thing in the Driving chapter:



Last edited by Raidin; 05-19-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Raidin is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 02:51 PM
  #347  
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tennessee USA
Posts: 441
Default

Originally Posted by TexasGolfR View Post
Hey Terry,

If I get my car soon enough who knows, I may beat you to the 1000-mile break-in point.
If that happens I will be the one potentially suffering a heart attack with the first Launch Control sprint to ...??? mph.

Cheers,
Tom
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Speaking of... What is the recommended break-in? I have heard people say there's no break-in (that the ECU will learn anyway and that there's no point), others say baby it for 1K miles... Opinions abound.
Originally Posted by BusStopF1 View Post
I found this article to be most helpful and tracks with my own personal experience. So far, I have a little over 800 miles. I didnít go crazy right from the gate (kept revs mostly under 5,500 rpm), but I havenít babied it either. Plan to refresh the oil here shortly.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...-in-a-new-car/
Originally Posted by Raidin View Post
Page 74 from the manual, the first thing in the Driving chapter:

Tom and the above Members,

Well guys in my case I did just take delivery yesterday morning of mine.
If your interested click on link below to See & Read all about that experience.
Also in my case I did jump on the gas once to Demo over the Audi Hands-Free phone what it actually sounds like accelerating to 7,000 RPM.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...1#post25318953

Terry
tigerhonaker is online now  
Old 05-20-2019, 03:02 PM
  #348  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 2,262
Default

For anyone who doesn't want to wait, or has searched in vain, I have a 19, Nardo/Black Optics/Tech/Dynamic car arriving in the coming days. Factory orders are now closed for MY19
SCarGuy is offline  
Old Today, 02:23 PM
  #349  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 73
Default

Tom, FYI the Hoegh Bangkok just left Road Island and is on its way to Houston with an ETA of 5/30. It's getting close

-Phil
Baylorguy is online now  
Old Today, 03:35 PM
  #350  
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tennessee USA
Posts: 441
Default

Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Tom, FYI the Hoegh Bangkok just left Road Island and is on its way to Houston with an ETA of 5/30. It's getting close

-Phil
Hey Phil,

I'm pretty sure I know a fellow in San Antonio, Texas that's going to love the above post ^^^ buddy.

Terry
tigerhonaker is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No 2019 RS3! At least for now


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: