Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

No 2019 RS3! At least for now

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 07:00 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Baylorguy
You know it! I am really stoked. Almost 7 months and about to see it in person.
Baylorguy,

Well 7-months is awhile ain't it buddy.

But, the wait in my opinion based on me having mine is well worth it.

I think you have another San Antonio buddy waiting and also getting more and more excited as the weeks roll by, Tom Cochran.

I think mine will be out of Vinny's (Detail-Shop) in the near future and back in it's garage.

Terry
Old 05-25-2019, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom, FYI the Hoegh Bangkok just left Road Island and is on its way to Houston with an ETA of 5/30. It's getting close

-Phil
Hi Phil,

Hey, thank you for the information about our ship, that is very good news.

Man, the 30th of this month is going to be here in a flash compared to our long waits.

Our cars should be at the dealers, prepped, and ready for us to pick them up within about two weeks.

Any normal person would laugh at me as during the past couple of weeks I have been buying extra microfiber cloths, terry cloth towels, clay bar, Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Was, CarPro Iron X and a few other goodies (including a foam cannon) in preparation for the arrival of the Nardo Gray little beast.

Even if it hurts my crummy old back I think I will enjoy rubbing on this wonderful car.
Plus, when we get together for Cars & Coffee I will want MY Nardo Gray car to look at least as good as YOUR Nardo Gray.
What a hoot it will be to have these cars lined up at the show, two hot rods virtually nobody has ever seen.

As a former Navy Officer I wish the Hoegh Bangkok fair seas and a following wind.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 05-30-2019, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone with a 2019 RS3 notice anything different about their exhaust sound? I'm trying to determine if these cars sound the same after the production break to address WLTP requirements. I'm about to pull the trigger on an out of state new RS3 and have been reading too much on the web I think. I'm not sure if US cars are even impacted, but would like to ID what I'm getting before I buy. I only have until today to lock in the deal since it's below invoice. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ntstambo2
Does anyone with a 2019 RS3 notice anything different about their exhaust sound? I'm trying to determine if these cars sound the same after the production break to address WLTP requirements. I'm about to pull the trigger on an out of state new RS3 and have been reading too much on the web I think. I'm not sure if US cars are even impacted, but would like to ID what I'm getting before I buy. I only have until today to lock in the deal since it's below invoice. Thanks for everyone's help.
consensus is US did not receive a particulate filter. Other 2019 owners confirmed this by taking pictures under their cars.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

consensus is US did not receive a particulate filter. Other 2019 owners confirmed this by taking pictures under their cars.
Thank you!
Old 05-30-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by ntstambo2
Nick,

I just now replied to you in a PM buddy.

Terry
Old 06-06-2019, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So mine was released to carrier a couple days ago. My dealer said it should take about 5 days to get to the dealership after that, so hopefully I'll be picking it up by end of next week. I've instructed the dealer to leave as much of the protective plastic on it as possible as I'm taking it straight to the detailer to get buffed and ceramic coated, and have the windows tinted. Which will be another 3-4 days I'll have to wait, but well worth it for the paint protection and extra shine.

As for engine break-in, when I asked my dealer about it he said I shouldn't worry about it and just enjoy it, but I'm a little hesitant to mash on it before it's a little broken-in.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by watchjohnny
So mine was released to carrier a couple days ago. My dealer said it should take about 5 days to get to the dealership after that, so hopefully I'll be picking it up by end of next week. I've instructed the dealer to leave as much of the protective plastic on it as possible as I'm taking it straight to the detailer to get buffed and ceramic coated, and have the windows tinted. Which will be another 3-4 days I'll have to wait, but well worth it for the paint protection and extra shine.

As for engine break-in, when I asked my dealer about it he said I shouldn't worry about it and just enjoy it,
but I'm a little hesitant to mash on it before it's a little broken-in.
Johnny,

I basically did the samething you are going to do.
I got mine from Audi Nashville drove it around a little while and then to the house and in the garage.
Then took it the coming Monday (Picked it up the Saturday before) and dropped it off at the detailers.
I didn't want to take any needless chances on rock nicks before having the PPF clear-coat installed.
Then of course having the CARPRO Reserve Finest applied.

Speaking of mashing on the gas (Heavy) before it is totally broken in ...............
I guess mine had like plus 60 miles maybe on it and while talking to my buddy Tom Cochran down San Antonio, Texas way I did floor it (Briefly) ONCE.
I think it was in probably 3rd or maybe 4th gear with Sport Mode & Dynamic Selected.
It went instantly to like 7,000 or maybe less RPM and I got right back out of it.
Tom could hear what was going on as I was talking to him Hands-Free using the Audi System for hands-free-talking.
Was that the smartest thing to do with no more miles on it than it had ??????????
I have No-Doubt there would be all sorts of comments if I were to ask other opinions which I am NOT.
I really doubt that anything negative happened doing that very-very-brief PUNCH of the Go-Pedal as long as we were not constantly running the holy CRAP out of it constantly.
My opinion is drive your's in a normal manner for the majority of the time and if you at times decided to Punch-It no big deal.
These extremely high performance cars are not going to break just because they are Red-Lined occasionally I promise you.

Let me add the following based on personal knowledge as well as Common-Sense.
Jumping in the RS3 and it COLD and then taking off like a Mad-Demon plus as soon as the (Preventive) electronics allows it to go to Wide-Open-Throttle.
And you constantly using, Launch Control every-time you get the chance and the RS3 being new with hardly any miles on it IMO would NOT be smart.
Nor, jumping on the interstate heading say 200-400-600 etc. long distance miles away and placing it on Cruise Control at 75-80-85 MPH for hour on hour NOT smart.
I have had so many new cars/vehicles since the mid 60's I could no-way recall how many.
And not one time did I ever screw-up an engine or drive-train.

I'll drive mine with using common-sense but while putting miles on it for the initial break-in I will run it some if I feel like it.

Good-Luck buddy,
Terry

Old 06-07-2019, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom and Terry -

Got the call! Car is at the dealer and I will take delivery tomorrow morning at 9 am sharp with my 6 year old son. He digs cars, too!
Old 06-07-2019, 09:37 AM

Tom and Terry -

Got the call! Car is at the dealer and I will take delivery tomorrow morning at 9 am sharp with my 6 year old son. He digs cars, too!
Baylorguy,

I'll make this a short comment buddy see below.

Terry,

Quick Reply: No 2019 RS3! At least for now