Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

No 2019 RS3! At least for now

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 07:32 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinister#4
Yeah I agree, I'd do the same for sure and go with a 2020, zero reason to buy a Oct 2019 car unless they offer it at a discount, and a big one.
Called my dealer yesterday we will see what they come back with. Just upsetting to say the least
Just so you know the guy I'm dealing with I use to work with years ago at a different new car dealership.
We have history with one another.
Now he is the G/M at the Audi Dealership I'm dealing with.
He did also tell me that there is going to be a 2020 RS3 for a FACT !!!
So, the real question/concern I have will there be changes that any of us would even care about with the 2020 RS3 ???
If there are and I think we will know way before the 2019's are even actually delivered based on what I was told and said above.
I'll damn sure let my guy sell the 2019 and switch to the 2020 ...........

He will keep me in the loop so if I can I will be glad to post as time marches on.

Terry
Old 01-10-2019, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just recieved this from the northwest sales manager

Due to the Q3 production being moved to the plant in Gyor, Hungary where RS3/TTRS are produced, both performance models have been pushed pout. Unfortunately, the most recent update I received is that production should begin in March for these units.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sinister#4
Just recieved this from the northwest sales manager

Due to the Q3 production being moved to the plant in Gyor, Hungary where RS3/TTRS are produced, both performance models have been pushed pout.
nfortunately, the most recent update I received is that production should begin in March for these units.
I know my guy is attending a meeting at Audi coming up I think he said February.
He thinks maybe at that meeting he might very well hear more useful/factual information on the RS3.

Also, I just did a search using Google and below is that link.
I intend on staying on top of reading everything I can as the months roll by on the 2020 RS3.
Who knows might very well turn out to be advantageous to switch my order from the 2019 to the 2020 ???
I'm sure going to find out if at all possible.

is there going to be a 2020 Audi RS3 ???

https://www.bing.com/search?q=is+there+going+to+be+a+2020+Audi+RS3+%3F% 3F%3F&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IESR3A&pc=EUPP_UE05

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-10-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The delays in the news seem to be affecting A3, A4, and A5 models (and I'm sure the S and RS variants, too). For those wondering why RS5s keep getting built even though they seem to have plenty of inventory, keep in mind that they may be built in different plants that have different tooling. In other words, it may not be possible to switch production from RS5s to RS3s in the RS5 plants. This is common in the industry.

To Terry, serious question here...

When you come to a stop at a light and find your wife in the next lane, do you guys race?
Old 01-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Raidin
The delays in the news seem to be affecting A3, A4, and A5 models (and I'm sure the S and RS variants, too). For those wondering why RS5s keep getting built even though they seem to have plenty of inventory, keep in mind that they may be built in different plants that have different tooling. In other words, it may not be possible to switch production from RS5s to RS3s in the RS5 plants. This is common in the industry.

To Terry, serious question here...

When you come to a stop at a light and find your wife in the next lane, do you guys race?
Well to be honest when we have been following one another over the years in all different cars I have (Always) had the much-much-faster machine.
My wife is not even remotely as Crazy as me and especially when we were both a lot younger.
We have been married plus 35 years now.
I am the racer not her ................

Terry
Old 01-11-2019, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I've just been told that production dates are being assigned now, but my order has not yet received a date.

There's always a "next year" too... I'm not a big fan of buying "fresh" models, I'd rather wait for the .5 or the next year's version after a big refresh. Let them sort out issues first.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ironically, I’ve owned a lot of first year models... it goes both ways in terms of having the latest thing, but typically, yeah there are minor things that get worked over the production cycle. Frankly, it seems to be more option optimization and features (in my experience) versus reliability or what have you.

That said, I’m actually not a fan of how more recent Audi models have done interior with more touchscreens and what not. After 3 years in my S3, the interior design and layout I’m just a big fan of. So really want to get this generation RS3... at least for me.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thing is, this really isn't a first model year. The 2017/2018s are refreshes and have been around in other markets. I don't think anyone has anything to really worry about in the US where this is a new car for Audi.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Raidin
Thing is, this really isn't a first model year. The 2017/2018s are refreshes and have been around in other markets.
I don't think anyone has anything to really worry about in the US where this is a new car for Audi.
Agreed .............
The RS3 has been around for a few years already as I looked at the 2017 back then.
The real concern to the 2019 RS3 might be the actual (Build & Delivery dates) .................

Terry
Old 01-12-2019, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also like how they restructured the options for 19 as well, getting things like direct TPMS is a nice bonus. Did they kill off the carbon fiber engine cover or is that included now?

Quick Reply: No 2019 RS3! At least for now