Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

OBDeleven Fault Codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 05:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBDeleven Fault Codes

I scanned my 2015 S3 using OBDeleven and got 15 fault codes. I apologize for the long list ahead of time.

U112300 - Databus error value received
Intermittent
P030100 - Cyl.1 Misfire Detected
Intermittent
P030200 - Cyl.2 Misfire Detected
Intermittent
P030000 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
Intermittent
P072C00 - Stuck in Gear 1
Intermittent
P072D00 - Stuck in Gear 2
Intermittent
P072E00 - Stuck in Gear 3
Intermittent
P072F00 - Stuck in Gear 4
Intermittent
P073A00 - Stuck in Gear 5
Intermittent
P073B00 - Stuck in Gear 6
Intermittent
P072B00 - Stuck in Reverse
Intermittent
P174A00 - Partial transm. 1 valve 3 Electrical error
Intermittent
P174E00 - Partial transm. 2 valve 3 Electrical error
Intermittent
P179D00 - Cooling oil valve Electrical error
Intermittent
B108B71 - Fresh air, recirculation, air flow flap motor Actuator jammed
Intermittent
Intermittent

My question is how reliable these results are. Is it just a glitch or is this something I should take it to the dealer about? Especially the cylinder misfiring codes. I don't remember seeing any ECM warning lights, but then again, there is a chance that it came in and that I just didn't see it.

Thank you
Old 09-23-2016, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try clearing them and re-scanning them and see if they come back.

When I first used the OBdeleven tool it gave me 3 faults pointing to my passenger front and rear door speakers having open circuits. Googling the message came up to a lot of websites talking about faulty or blown speakers, but these speakers out put audio/music just fine.

2 years ago I did have some speaker issues that I went to the Audi dealer with which they ended up replacing the circuit board in my MMI to resolve the lost audio. Perhaps those faults were residual messages that were never cleared I wonder.

Of course they never came back after I cleared it from the Obdeleven app.

I did occassionally would get 1 or 2 other faults, all labeled intermitted, like what you have stuck in first Gear. When I see that, I then glance at tachometer and see it at first gear while parked. I've always noticed that and am not sure if that's an issue as the only way it wouldn't be in 1st gear is if I turn the car off, which the OBDeleven app will not function.
The following users liked this post:
MKLight (07-25-2022)
Old 09-23-2016, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gamegenie

When I first used the OBdeleven tool it gave me 3 faults pointing to my passenger front and rear door speakers having open circuits. Googling the message came up to a lot of websites talking about faulty or blown speakers, but these speakers out put audio/music just fine.

2 years ago I did have some speaker issues that I went to the Audi dealer with which they ended up replacing the circuit board in my MMI to resolve the lost audio. Perhaps those faults were residual messages that were never cleared I wonder.

I did occassionally would get 1 or 2 other faults, all labeled intermitted, like what you have stuck in first Gear. When I see that, I then glance at tachometer and see it at first gear while parked. I've always noticed that and am not sure if that's an issue as the only way it wouldn't be in 1st gear is if I turn the car off, which the OBDeleven app will not function.
Would you say that Obdeleven app and device is a good investment? Can you do things like retract the parking brake or enable VIM? Also, can it do things like reverse the MMI wheel direction? After a year, I still can't get used to it. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by duncanator
Would you say that Obdeleven app and device is a good investment? Can you do things like retract the parking brake or enable VIM? Also, can it do things like reverse the MMI wheel direction? After a year, I still can't get used to it. Thanks.
It does have the option to unlock VIM though it's apps for 100pts, but I don't need that since I long since unlocked VIM on my car.

The other things, I don't know. If it's possible on Ross-Tech VCDS then it might be possible on OBDeleven Pro.

I can't get the High Beam Assist activation to work, but I'm not sure if it's this device's limitation or that Audi may have left out the function for my non-S-Line A3 that has Active Lane Assist.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is a good investment. there are mini apps on it that enable various features and works via bluetooth
Old 09-27-2016, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I bought it specifically to do the rear brakes, and it worked just great.
And it will unlock VIM (I did it). It was just '100 points', which you can buy at $1.50 or so per 10 points, or just 'view a few ads' (up to 6) every day for 6 points, and then , two weeks later, it'll be free :-)
Old 09-27-2016, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had faults only 2 which was something with the xm antenna and the sunroof switch... But I scanned it while the radio was on and I opened the sunroof to let more light in while sitting in the garage. So might have been that. Everything works fine.

I used the OBDELEVEN to deactivate the exhaust valves, oil temp in dis, reverse pass mirror dip, remote window close, and blinkers to 4.

Well worth the money. And if your not comfortable doing the coding yourself the apps work to which if u watch the ads for a couple days the point rack up.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegenie

I also own a OBDeleven. I personally like it. I've used the mirror dip, auto lock, Scandinavian DRL tail lights. For someone reason the sound actor app does not work. I have a CTS turbo intake on my A3 and want to turn it off the sound actor to hear it better but every time I try it says make sure ignition is on. I know my car has one. So I can't understand. I am interested in the engerering app but I don't know what it can be used for
Old 09-27-2016, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Idwiw
I scanned my 2015 S3 using OBDeleven and got 15 fault codes. I apologize for the long list ahead of time.

Intermittent
P030100 - Cyl.1 Misfire Detected
Intermittent
P030200 - Cyl.2 Misfire Detected
Intermittent
P030000 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
Intermittent
P072C00 - Stuck in Gear 1
Intermittent
P072D00 - Stuck in Gear 2
Intermittent
P072E00 - Stuck in Gear 3
Intermittent
P072F00 - Stuck in Gear 4
Intermittent
P073A00 - Stuck in Gear 5
Intermittent
P073B00 - Stuck in Gear 6
Intermittent
P072B00 - Stuck in Reverse
Intermittent
P174A00 - Partial transm. 1 valve 3 Electrical error
Intermittent
P174E00 - Partial transm. 2 valve 3 Electrical error
Intermittent
P179D00 - Cooling oil valve Electrical error
Intermittent
B108B71 - Fresh air, recirculation, air flow flap motor Actuator jammed
Intermittent
Intermittent

My question is how reliable these results are. Is it just a glitch or is this something I should take it to the dealer about? Especially the cylinder misfiring codes. I don't remember seeing any ECM warning lights, but then again, there is a chance that it came in and that I just didn't see it.

Thank you
You must of scanned the car while it was running as most of those faults show up because the car is on or moving.

Database errors usually show you because of a weak battery.

The recirc, try opening the piece in the glove box to see if something is stuck, the flap is located right above the filter if you take the filter out.

I'd email the fault codes to yourself to have on file, erase the codes and then see if they come up again. Be aware that from factory and/or while the dealer has the car before selling, a bunch of cars have faults without the owner knowing. Most of the time, when going into service, the car isn't scanned to see/erase them.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just chiming in to say I've ordered the pro version after reading about it here and on other forums. Seems like the most cost-effective way to make the few changes I'm interested in. Plus, I can use it on my wife's TDI.

Quick Reply: OBDeleven Fault Codes