Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 > Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII
Reload this Page >

Oil consumption caused me to trade my RS3

Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Oil consumption caused me to trade my RS3

Old 03-02-2019, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil consumption caused me to trade my RS3

I have complained here a few months ago about the bad oil consumption. I had a 2011 polo GTI it is was the same. On top of that I have also wrote here that three time in 8 months I have driven into a pot hole and needed to replace the tire. I know it can be bad luck but I also blame the 255/30 tires.
Traded it with a second hand 0 km BMW M2. still breaking it in so can't tell how is it.

This is a great forum. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the help and support.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:51 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Eran Levi View Post
I have complained here a few months ago about the bad oil consumption. I had a 2011 polo GTI it is was the same. On top of that I have also wrote here that three time in 8 months I have driven into a pot hole and needed to replace the tire. I know it can be bad luck but I also blame the 255/30 tires.
Traded it with a second hand 0 km BMW M2. still breaking it in so can't tell how is it.

This is a great forum. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the help and support.
Enjoy your BMW M2.

Terry
Old 03-02-2019, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear about the RS3, but the M2 isn't a bad alternative. Those would be my two choices as well if the 2-door/4-door thing isn't an issue.

How do you get a second hand 0 km car??? I can't even get a "Brand New" 0 km car, let alone a second hand one at that!
Old 03-02-2019, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Good luck with the new ride
Old 03-02-2019, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by XMetal00 View Post
Sorry to hear about the RS3, but the M2 isn't a bad alternative. Those would be my two choices as well if the 2-door/4-door thing isn't an issue.

How do you get a second hand 0 km car??? I can't even get a "Brand New" 0 km car, let alone a second hand one at that!
The M2 is a better driving car. No doubt about it but the Audi compensate as a daily. The M2 is firmer and has much heavier steering wheel.
I assume that you are an American. I don't think that a second hand 0 km market is needed. Where I live, car costs double or even triple the price in the US, you do need such a market.
Leasing companies buy cars from the importer (we do not have dealers here) and sells them in a much cheaper price with 0 km. When I mean 0 km, I mean up to 30-40 km if it wasn't clear

For the other two guys that had commented, thanks!
Old 03-03-2019, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'd like to add a M2 CS manual to the garage.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Eran Levi View Post
The M2 is a better driving car. No doubt about it but the Audi compensate as a daily. The M2 is firmer and has much heavier steering wheel.
I assume that you are an American. I don't think that a second hand 0 km market is needed. Where I live, car costs double or even triple the price in the US, you do need such a market.
Leasing companies buy cars from the importer (we do not have dealers here) and sells them in a much cheaper price with 0 km. When I mean 0 km, I mean up to 30-40 km if it wasn't clear

For the other two guys that had commented, thanks!
The new G80 based 340i is as fast as the M2 with more space. IMO the M2 is dead, dated and slow. I'd much rather have the M3. I would disagree that the M2 is a "better driving car" compared to the RS3.

Old 03-05-2019, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing View Post
The new G80 based 340i is as fast as the M2 with more space. IMO the M2 is dead, dated and slow. I'd much rather have the M3. I would disagree that the M2 is a "better driving car" compared to the RS3.
This is your opinion and it's fine. If fast is a parameter to enjoy from driving then you are probably right. An M3 starts here at 195,000 USD ("a bit" over my budget).
Most journalists claims that the M2 is a better driving car than the M3 and M4 (I'm not talking about the CS or GTS).
Old 03-06-2019, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

If money was no object I'd be hitting the new M5. Talk about beast! Watched Jeremy Clarkson's review and was impressed as hell with that car. I find myself wanting that car like no other suddenly. I can't imagine what that car would cost in Eran's country though.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
If money was no object I'd be hitting the new M5. Talk about beast! Watched Jeremy Clarkson's review and was impressed as hell with that car. I find myself wanting that car like no other suddenly. I can't imagine what that car would cost in Eran's country though.
No worries. I can tell you exactly. It starts at:
317,258.87 USD

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil consumption caused me to trade my RS3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: