Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

ordered my S3

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ordered my S3

yeah drove one on saturday and was stunned about how liveable it is. perfect daily driver. S3 prestige in glacier white with the magma red/black seats. 19 inch performance package with magnetic ride. actually paid for a lifetime audi club NA membership to get the 6% discount since the dealer [ not many around here and I want to get my car by december ] was giving next to nothing 'because it was an order'. pissed when I found out that the homelink isnt available as a port installed option on the prestige version. how is this possible? anyway I already cannot wait to get this gorgeous fast yet practical car. thanks for all the posts giving your experiences, its a pretty good forum overall.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
yeah drove one on saturday and was stunned about how liveable it is. perfect daily driver. S3 prestige in glacier white with the magma red/black seats. 19 inch performance package with magnetic ride. actually paid for a lifetime audi club NA membership to get the 6% discount since the dealer [ not many around here and I want to get my car by december ] was giving next to nothing 'because it was an order'. pissed when I found out that the homelink isnt available as a port installed option on the prestige version. how is this possible? anyway I already cannot wait to get this gorgeous fast yet practical car. thanks for all the posts giving your experiences, its a pretty good forum overall.
Congrats ! Glacier with red/black interior is a great combo IMO. Did you also order the red calipers ?
Old 09-01-2015, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome to the waiting club! I ordered mine on July 10th and my dealer said it won't deliver until end of November/December because the factory is so backed up. I also did the ACNA lifetime because no dealers were giving any discounts off S3s. Now my wife MUST get an audi for her next car. Haha.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Im also working on a solution for the homelink. found a company that sells something similar to what you can get on the premium plus.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

We've had ours about a month and are very happy with it. It only took about 11 weeks after we ordered until we were driving.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats on your order! You will definitely love the car. Had mine 11 months now and don't know where the time has gone. Brings a smile to my face every time I drive mine. Sure you will experience the same. Keep us posted.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

got the news that it will be built in week 41. I believe I have averaged watching 3-4 videos on youtube of the S3 since monday....
Old 09-04-2015, 03:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's strange. I have a 2015 S3 prestige and I was able to get port installed Homelink. Did that change for the 2016 model?
Old 09-05-2015, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

got the news that it will be built in week 41. I believe I have averaged watching 3-4 videos on youtube of the S3 since monday....
Lol I'm the same way, ran out of youtube videos tho. I just checked in with my dealer, I have a build week of 40. How did I order my car at he beginning of July and only get mine into production 1 week before yours? Ah well, such is life.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BullAudi
That's strange. I have a 2015 S3 prestige and I was able to get port installed Homelink. Did that change for the 2016 model?
apparently you cant get it with 'wpt' which is the prestige version for 2016

Quick Reply: ordered my S3