Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Pic and part# request: vent rings

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed@mtl
Actually, it was pretty easy removing the rings. I decided to remove the vents and work from home since it was cold outside. Also, I used a small flat head screwdriver and pry on the outside of the rings. Once there was a small opening. I used my hands to pull out the rings.

Thanks for the photo. How is the ring held in - tabs or glue? Any chance you also have a picture of the back side of the ring as well. Much appreciated.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SteveO987
Vents showed up

They look like the correct vents. Feels like the open / close movement could use a little cleaning up (lubed) but otherwise they function exactly like the stock ones. Time to modify them a bit and made them my own.
Do you have some photos of these in your car? do they work perfectly?

As I am thinking of buying 4 of these myself. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2018, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinstorm

Post #36 in this same thread. They work just like the factory vents.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Similar to the look I was going for:
Are these the ones you ordered, but you changed out the red for black?
Old 03-19-2018, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I ordered some of these from Vagmall on the 14th and my order still shows as pending - how long did it take before yours changed to shipped and how long in total?

I emailed them over the weekend but no reply so don’t know what to think.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered some of these from Vagmall on the 14th and my order still shows as pending - how long did it take before yours changed to shipped and how long in total?

I emailed them over the weekend but no reply so don’t know what to think.
It took about 3 weeks to receive the vents after I placed the order. I never checked the status on the website so I can't speak to that aspect.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered a set of the all blacks from the q2. was 200$ shipped from the UK. Should be here in the next couple weeks... These are a little tough to source online. Gotta keep your eyes peeled.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It took about 3 weeks to receive the vents after I placed the order. I never checked the status on the website so I can't speak to that aspect.
Please could you log into the account and see if your order status ever updated from pending?

I don’t expect them any time soon but I do expect that my order status will say shipped and they would reply to my emails. I am very tempted to open a dispute with paypal as its been 10 days since I ordered. I want the vents - but if they haven’t shipped I would ask why not? And if they have shipped and I ask Paypal for the money back I get some free vents!
Old 04-01-2018, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I would AVOID ordering from Vagmall - I think that @SteveO987 got lucky with his order.

I ordered around 3 weeks ago. My order NEVER changed from pending. I sent 4 emails asking them if it had shipped and NOTHING back.

So I sent a message on WeChat - after 3 days I got a reply saying that they would check the order status the next day and get back to me - that was a week ago.
My order status now says CANCELLED.

I opened a PayPal dispute and they have a week to provide proof that the order was shipped or PayPal will refund me.

I am very disappointed in VagMall. It is not hard to reply to an email. It is not hard to tell me if my order shipped. They have ignored the email from PayPal about the dispute and further WeChat messages I have sent asking for an update if they are shipped or a refund.

In my opinion VagMall are scammers and do not do what they say. They are ripping off customers and stealing money and hoping no one notices. Do NOT use them.

Last edited by Spinstorm; 04-01-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I got my q2 vents from Germany. They look and feel really good.

Quick Reply: Pic and part# request: vent rings