Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Please Help anyone? Constant Traction control problems Rs3

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure but I think I have something similar. In my case, it usually happens at a beginning of a drive. If I let the throttle off and then repress it, its goes a way.
Will check my tire pressure though.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried resetting your tire pressure sensor calibration?
Old 06-18-2019, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same problem Audi spent 22k trying to fix under warranty

Hi there, I have the same issue and I asked Audi to fix the problem, they spent 22k of replacement parts and labor under warranty and the problem still exists. Audi AU were unable to fix the issue stating it might be fixed with a software update which was meant to be release In Feb 2018. FYI My issue was sent to Germany HQ.

Its still I’ll not fixed. I’m writing to Audi AU to get a resolution. My car is out of warranty but I caught this I see before it expired.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

FYI Audi replaced the Haldex and ABS systems, we also replaced all the tyres. It was good of them to invest in so much effort to try and resolve this but unfortunately it didn’t fix the issue.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Rs3 traction control issues

I’m having the same oroblems.
what can we do?
Old 07-27-2019, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Rs3 traction control issues

As above, the symptoms I have are intermittent flashing of traction control on dash plus loss of power.
Today a was 1 foot away from being written off by a truck when I lost ALL power coming through the lights.
This is now becoming a safety issue. My car has been at Audi about 4 times now and they don’t know what’s wrong. The guys are being very good but they don’t have an answer,
they have changed the Haldex pump and I have spent 3k on 2 sets of new tyres..
audi have a problem here and I don’t think they have an answer for it.
I am formally expressing safety concerns and delivering the car to Audi Au Ti repair or replace.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportscoat
I’m having the same oroblems.
what can we do?
Drive in ESC Sport mode until Audi Australia (seems you and the other recent poster are both from Australia, although Russell's car is over 3 years old?) can get someone from Germany to tell them what to do.

Common sense would suggest that a Haldex controller issue prevents correct torque vectoring between axles, and will result in too much wheel spin from the front axle. Whilst a constantly flashing traction control light with a power cut suggests that either there is a mechanical reason for low traction, usually the tyres (condition/brand/size/pressures/road surface/weather) or there is a calibration issue with the various sensors being used. By using ESC Sport, you relax the traction setting. If you relax the traction setting, you will quickly find out whether it is a calibration issue or a genuine traction issue. You can turn ESC off, but not a great idea on public roads.

By doing a little bit of diagnosis yourself, you are less reliant on a dealership's "technician" to plug their ODIS, or whatever they use, system into the car and then scratch their heads when it doesn't show any faults and can't tell them what to do. The chance of actually encountering a mechanic at these dealerships who can diagnose and correct any issue seems low.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Thanks

Thanks for this advice. If the the other guy can reply with an update on Germany that would be great 👍
Old 07-27-2019, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Tyre pressure

Originally Posted by RS34Ken
Have you tried resetting your tire pressure sensor calibration?
Does anyone know the exact front and back Tyre pressure required on rs3?
Old 07-28-2019, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportscoat
Does anyone know the exact front and back Tyre pressure required on rs3?
Should be 44 psi front and 39 psi in the rear according to the OEM factory specs on the door panel.

Quick Reply: Please Help anyone? Constant Traction control problems Rs3