Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Replaced chrome, oval exhaust tips on my '15 S3

Old 08-17-2017, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replaced chrome, oval exhaust tips on my '15 S3

Using information from another Audi forum, decided to replace the chrome tips on my S3. I could not keep them clean and they actually started to pit. Only 23k miles on the car. The replacement tips are from Magna Flow and the same diameter as the OEM exhaust pipes. No clamp on here. OEM pipes needed to be cut and the new tips welded in place. I do not possess the skills or equipment for this work BUT my next door neighbor does. He works for Mike Shank Racing which currently runs the factory Acura NSX team in IMSA series, GTD class. My neighbor did an outstanding job and I cannot thank him enough! I feel the new tips totally change the look of the rear of the car and are much, much easier to clean now. Stainless steel and double walled.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great Fixeroh! Lucky to have such a nice neighbor!
Old 08-18-2017, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think your neighbour needs to setup a Audiworld meet and greet with Katherine Legge ...
Old 08-21-2017, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Morbo66
I think your neighbour needs to setup a Audiworld meet and greet with Katherine Legge ...
I'll work on that Morbo66! I had a chance to meet Katherine a few months ago before the Detroit race. Nice person. 2 years ago, met Danica Patrick, who was doing some testing for the team when they were running the Riley Prototype chassis with Ford engines. Danica is cute but whoa boy what an attitude! Guys on the team didn't like working with her at all. Maybe she's just focused. Know she's running out of sponsorship in the Cup and may not be racing much longer. IMSA series is actually picking up new fans constantly. Great series with cars people can actually identify.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice! That looks a lot cleaner and better than stock
Old 08-21-2017, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
I'll work on that Morbo66! I had a chance to meet Katherine a few months ago before the Detroit race. Nice person. 2 years ago, met Danica Patrick, who was doing some testing for the team when they were running the Riley Prototype chassis with Ford engines. Danica is cute but whoa boy what an attitude! Guys on the team didn't like working with her at all. Maybe she's just focused. Know she's running out of sponsorship in the Cup and may not be racing much longer. IMSA series is actually picking up new fans constantly. Great series with cars people can actually identify.
Hey Fixeroh, I'm not surprised to hear about Danica as she's known to be a diva. I recall many years ago when I was hanging on the BMW forums (Roadfly) during my M3 phase and someone posting their experience of having taken delivery of their new M3 at BMW's South Carolina plant. They enrolled in the M driving school at the time and low and behold Danica Patrick was the instructor for this guy. Now THAT would be quite an experience. I'm guessing she wasn't as well known that many years ago and perhaps didn't quite have the attitude she is known for now.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
Hey Fixeroh, I'm not surprised to hear about Danica as she's known to be a diva. I recall many years ago when I was hanging on the BMW forums (Roadfly) during my M3 phase and someone posting their experience of having taken delivery of their new M3 at BMW's South Carolina plant. They enrolled in the M driving school at the time and low and behold Danica Patrick was the instructor for this guy. Now THAT would be quite an experience. I'm guessing she wasn't as well known that many years ago and perhaps didn't quite have the attitude she is known for now.
I guess when you're cute, you can get away with things like "attitude" for a while. But then people see past the attractiveness. Would be cool to have her be a personal instructor however. She is talented. No question. Just racing at the pinnacle of any series requires that bit extra. I used to race karts when I was stationed in Germany back in 80s. Was in pretty good shape physically but some events beat the crap out of me. Arms, shoulders, etc. Run some endurance kart races and you'll see what I mean. Just the physical part alone I think can be more challenging for a woman in racing. Mentally, they might be a bit meaner too. LOL. The media has built Danica into what she is today. Like most other celebrities of our age. Think they start to believe their own hype!
Old 08-22-2017, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by KevinDuMa
Nice! That looks a lot cleaner and better than stock
Thanks! Was a process that took about a week and half overall but worth it to me. The tips fit into the rear diffuser as if they were meant to be there in the first place.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks! Was a process that took about a week and half overall but worth it to me. The tips fit into the rear diffuser as if they were meant to be there in the first place.
Definitely, it makes a significant difference. I had a Magnaflow exhaust installed a few weeks ago also and it's definitely worth the upgrade aesthetics wise.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Those really look incredible now; thanks for sharing via photos.

Search this Thread