Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS 3 Color Choices - US

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GrimTango42
Thoughts on Nardo Gray? Since Nardo is a bit lighter than the Daytona, it would fall under that "lighter color" rule?

I have yet to see Nardo in person. Has anyone seen that color in person and can attest to it looking as good as I hope it does? Nardo Gray with the black optics is what I am thinking.
Personally I don't really like nardo, it looks really flat.

But this is just my opinion, whatever makes you happy I say go for it, plus this is an RS3 we're talking so it'll stand out regardless. Let us know what you decide! Me personally if it came down to it I'd get red, I think I've seen it in red so much I've grown to really like it lol
Old 04-11-2017, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nardo is so cool on a RS7. I don't think it works as well on the RS 3. It doesn't help that the only visual I have is that potato cam pic of one in the US with Michigan plates and stripper Camry wheels. Cannot unsee. I'm sure someone will get Nardo for their RS 3, tint things up write, run some proper dark wheels and it will look great.

I've mulled over Florett and Glacier a bit, Mythos would still look nice... but ultimately, I got back down to Cata. Red and Daytona, and I'm 99% going Daytona when I send in my config tomorrow. I've loved that color on R8s and most places I've seen it. Gotta go with the gut... even though the gut says "did you see how hot that red car looked in the desert!?!"
Old 04-12-2017, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All; go to this website to help get a better idea of colors on an RS3. it's a UK website and the cars in the photos are 2015 RS3 Sportbacks but most have the BO package.

https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/audi-r...urs-guide-0193

I've downloaded the images relevant to my possible choices to help me try to nail down THE color. To make it more pressing for me, my dealer called yesterday and told me to come on in and place a deposit for my 2018 RS3! I'll go by Friday and need to have my mind made up on color and package options. Am really leaning toward Daytona grey after absorbing big residual's comments. Spent considerable time online last night looking at differences between Nardo grey, Daytona grey and Catalunya red. They all look great but which one will appeal to me every day? Or will I still love it in 3 years? Daytona grey definitely. The other colors, maybe not.

The above link also has some nice descriptions of the colors as to ease of cleaning and possible resale value. There is a link from that site which explains the different types of paint as well.

Last edited by Fixeroh; 04-12-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

For what it's worth I can confirm the price I was quoted for a paint selection out of the "Audi Exclusive" sample book was $3900 USD. This price does however include pearl and crystal effect colors so there is no additional uncharge for those variants. My understanding is that the price would include most of not all paint selection from VW Group with the exception of Lamborghini color codes. Another client was looking to order a RS3 in a bright green Porsche color similar to the viper green that was shown on the press event cars in Oman.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I officially went Daytona w/ BO. You can see all of the color choices on the audiusa.com site now, but you can't choose anything but color so now BO. Soo close.

One thing that's interesting: I don't think any of the press cars are showing the sunroof, which does have an impact on the look/profile.

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs3
Old 04-15-2017, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

big residual: Placed an official order Friday. Not trying to be a copy cat in any way, but also went Daytona grey with the Black Optics package. Was the choice I think I will appreciate the longest. Other colors were attractive but not sure I would like them 6 months or 3 years from now. One of the sales reps at my dealership had a S3 in Daytona grey but no BO package. Allowed me to see the car as it will look technically. Happy with my choice and must credit you with sort of moving me in that direction. No more black as my current S3. Still think black is an awesome color but such a pain to keep clean.

Congrats on placing your order! No clue when my is expected to be delivered however. I was offered a 2017 model that was expected into the dealership mid May. It was already preconfigured as all 2017s are apparently. Mythos Black. Didn't want it. Will wait for my 2018 in the color I really want. Found out 31 total 2017 RS3s are coming to the US. 31. That's a very small number. Now will work on selling my gorgeous S3. No trade. Have too much invested into upgrades and will attempt to sell privately.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
big residual: Placed an official order Friday. Not trying to be a copy cat in any way, but also went Daytona grey with the Black Optics package. Was the choice I think I will appreciate the longest. Other colors were attractive but not sure I would like them 6 months or 3 years from now. One of the sales reps at my dealership had a S3 in Daytona grey but no BO package. Allowed me to see the car as it will look technically. Happy with my choice and must credit you with sort of moving me in that direction. No more black as my current S3. Still think black is an awesome color but such a pain to keep clean.

Congrats on placing your order! No clue when my is expected to be delivered however. I was offered a 2017 model that was expected into the dealership mid May. It was already preconfigured as all 2017s are apparently. Mythos Black. Didn't want it. Will wait for my 2018 in the color I really want. Found out 31 total 2017 RS3s are coming to the US. 31. That's a very small number. Now will work on selling my gorgeous S3. No trade. Have too much invested into upgrades and will attempt to sell privately.
@Fixeroh, I couldn't agree more. I ordered mine in Daytona grey for the same reasons. While the blue and red are very pretty on the car I'm planning on keeping it for the next 5 to 8 years and grey is just a safe bet. I opted for Technology, Dynamic and Black Optics package and leather with red stitching. Now the endless wait is on...
Old 04-17-2017, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Waiting is definitely the hardest part! But it shall be worth it! Found some recent videos on YouTube that were filmed just for the RS3 sound. Whoa baby. Goosebumps already! LOL
Old 04-20-2017, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every picture I post is frikkin upside down! I don't get it! have no idea why or how to fix it. At my local dealer. $3900.00 for the paint. I went with black with the black optics and love the look.

Thoughts on Nardo Gray? Since Nardo is a bit lighter than the Daytona, it would fall under that "lighter color" rule?

I have yet to see Nardo in person. Has anyone seen that color in person and can attest to it looking as good as I hope it does? Nardo Gray with the black optics is what I am thinking.
Attached Thumbnails RS 3 Color Choices - US-img_5417.jpg  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a Nardo Gray car in person at my dealer just the other day. I don't recall the model but perhaps an S7 or RS7. Personally I think it's meh. This is absolutely a personal thing but I just found it to be underwhelming and think Daytona Gray is a much prettier color. Nardo is simply a flat light gray color. There's no doubt Nardo will stand out however so if that's your thing go for it. I don't mean to offend anyone who owns a Nardo colored car or has ordered one as I don't mean any disrespect. It reminded me of the color of a naval ship. So to say "Nardo is a bit lighter than Daytona" is a massive understatement. They are not even remotely similar. Daytona is black in comparison to Nardo.

Btw, I fixed the upside down photo
Attached Images  

Last edited by Timmay; 04-20-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply: RS 3 Color Choices - US