Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS 3 Color Choices - US

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe my current Q5 is monsoon grey and I really wanted nardo grey since it's specific to the RS models. But the more and more I see Nardo pictures, the more and more I feel like it might be too trendy and odd. It also seems like it only looks good in overcast, and in direct sunlight it looks like a bad render lol. I think I'll go with daytona and black optic since daytona seems like it's a bit darker than monsoon and i didnt want to get the same color that I currently have.

PS, I'm jealous that some of you officially ordered! My dealer is still waiting on pricing and the actual order sheets to come out. Luckily they already have my deposit
Old 04-21-2017, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's definitely a unique color. I mean it's a flat gray color but highly glossed over. Not like certain matte colors you sometimes see.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed that flat and pale colors are more popular now in general. Particularly on some Japanese and Korean cars. True matt finish is very expensive and a huge pain to maintain but colors like Nardo grey come close to being matt but without the upkeep. It's nice that we have choices however.

Didn't Henry Ford once say that customers can have the Model T in any color they want? As long as it was black? We've come a very long way since then. And most of the Audi colors are named after international race circuits. How cool is that! That surely as 5 mph to the top end.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
I've noticed that flat and pale colors are more popular now in general. Particularly on some Japanese and Korean cars. True matt finish is very expensive and a huge pain to maintain but colors like Nardo grey come close to being matt but without the upkeep. It's nice that we have choices however.

Didn't Henry Ford once say that customers can have the Model T in any color they want? As long as it was black? We've come a very long way since then. And most of the Audi colors are named after international race circuits. How cool is that! That surely as 5 mph to the top end.
Hey if you throw on a Type R sticker that may get you a few more HP too!
Old 04-21-2017, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bipedcreature
I believe my current Q5 is monsoon grey and I really wanted nardo grey since it's specific to the RS models. But the more and more I see Nardo pictures, the more and more I feel like it might be too trendy and odd. It also seems like it only looks good in overcast, and in direct sunlight it looks like a bad render lol. I think I'll go with daytona and black optic since daytona seems like it's a bit darker than monsoon and i didnt want to get the same color that I currently have.

PS, I'm jealous that some of you officially ordered! My dealer is still waiting on pricing and the actual order sheets to come out. Luckily they already have my deposit
I thought about Nardo also, but I too think it's a "trendy" thing, so I ordered Glacier White with BO like my RS4.
Ordered mine last week, and have a commission number, but still in "waitlist" status.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not required Timmay. I have a track decal of the Nürburgring on the back of my car. It's good for about 10 HP! Got the idea from another poster on this site. Can't recall who. Head over to http://www.trackdecals.com to check it out. Any race track outline you can imagine in various colors and sizes. Normally despise any decals on an automobile but thought a track outline perfect. Recognizable to those in the know. LOL
Old 04-21-2017, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bipedcreature

I see you are in Chicago, make sure you order from Fletcher Jones, they are part of the Audi Magna Society Elite, those are the 12 top performing dealerships in the country. They will likely get the first and most allocations for RS models.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shivamerlin
I see you are in Chicago, make sure you order from Fletcher Jones, they are part of the Audi Magna Society Elite, those are the 12 top performing dealerships in the country. They will likely get the first and most allocations for RS models.
I actually have a relationship with the Hoffman Estates dealership, and have been working with them already. They have received the Audi Magna Society Award and I think they are allocated 4 cars and I got number 3.

But I have been to Fletcher for service with my current Q5 and they are great too!
Old 04-25-2017, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Timmay,

thank you for fixing my picture. How did you do that?
Old 05-01-2017, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
Personally I think it's meh. This is absolutely a personal thing but I just found it to be underwhelming and think Daytona Gray is a much prettier color. Nardo is simply a flat light gray color.
Agreed, to me it looks like primer before it dries.

I'll take glut orange. If you are going to pick out a color make it a color. IMHO.
Attached Thumbnails RS 3 Color Choices - US-s3-glut-orange.jpg  

Quick Reply: RS 3 Color Choices - US