Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Delivery Experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RS3 Delivery Experience

My wife and I drove down to Huntsville last Thursday mostly because the grandkids were out of school on Friday but also because we wanted to be down there whenever the RS3 arrived. Since my son lives South of Huntsville I drove by the dealership first just to say hi and see if they had a more accurate estimate of the car's arrival. The GM wasn't there but he showed up about 15 minutes later with a huge grin on his face and told me he had just seen my car. I asked how since it wasn't on the lot and he showed me a video of him passing the truck that it was on and that it would be there shortly.

It was an absolutely incredible experience to actually be there when the car arrived and to watch it being offloaded from the truck. My wife and I have some nice pictures and a couple of great videos (I will try to post video later since I was under the car and got some great footage and exhaust sound when they unloaded it off the truck.

[IF You click on the individual photos, they will align themselves correctly for viewing]

I had only two slight disappointments: 1) the center caps were missing from the car upon delivery so the dealer had to get them overnighted from Canada, and 2) I had negotiated for the dealer to install my Valentine 1 and it wouldn''t power up at first (turned out to be a bad wire although it was working previously). Overall it was a great experience, they provided an Audi A8 as a loaner, and they provided several gifts to my wife and I, including a nice Audi trinket for one of my grandsons who accompanied us on Saturday. This is how all car transactions should occur so I can definitely recommend these guys.

Since it's getting late, I will provide my driving impressions tomorrow (Thursday) from our 4 hour drive back home to Tennessee from Alabama. P.S. All of the Audi techs went nuts over the license plate! LOL
Attached Thumbnails RS3 Delivery Experience-img_3429.jpg   RS3 Delivery Experience-img_3432.jpg   RS3 Delivery Experience-img_3451.jpg   RS3 Delivery Experience-img_3460.jpg  
Old 11-15-2017, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks great! Congratulations!! What an experience to be there for the first look haha
Old 11-15-2017, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by russbert
It was an absolutely incredible experience to actually be there when the car arrived and to watch it being offloaded from the truck.
WOW! Sounds like the ultimate vehicle delivery experience. Congrats!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks, it really was a great experience. Here are a couple of other photos (hopefully they will orient themselves correctly).
Old 11-16-2017, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Before
After
Old 11-16-2017, 02:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great view of the Sports Exhaust with Audi RS symbol. I will write up extensive driving impressions this AM. Going to meet other ROMEO's (Retired Old Men Eating Out) for our daily solve the world's issues over breakfast.

Last edited by russbert; 11-16-2017 at 02:50 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Old 11-16-2017, 03:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Grats Russ!
Old 11-16-2017, 04:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations! She's a beauty! I am days away from this experience...
Old 11-16-2017, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by besttom
Congratulations! She's a beauty! I am days away from this experience...
Thanks again everyone and Besttom, you will definitely love the experience!

Quick Reply: RS3 Delivery Experience