Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Delivery times

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andru1313
Well now i am starting to remember why I took time off from owning and Audi.. Sigh. So i spoke with the service rep and manager at the dealer today. They are not willing to fix or replace the rim. They will replace the tire since I have the Tire and wheel package but I didn't purchase the cosmetic plan. they were ripping me off hard with all the warranty crap. I am really disappointed that for less than 200 bucks they are willing to make a customer unhappy. Did like the buying experience with them and not happy with the service aspect now either. I am stuck with no car till saturday since i can't get back up to the dealer by then and they won't have a tire at the shop till then. Just very disappointing. they did say I could resign all my paperwork and add the extra rim and tire coverage ... Umm yah no thanks.
Think I will get that extra tire n wheel coverage the roads in NJ are horrible...Sorry that had to happen to you
Old 09-21-2017, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Audifourme
Thanks man!! I got my sticker on Monday, and the car arrived today at 11:00am from port. So, yours should be maybe a day away or so. Can't believe that it is finally here. Long wait since April.
Aight lucky guy......where's that car>>>>>????????????????????????????
Old 09-21-2017, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tophalope
Interestingly, VC seems now to be heading towards Delaware Bay. The listed destination for Viking Conquest on Marine Traffic is still Davisville, but when one looks at expected arrivals at Davisville, Viking Conquest is no longer listed (it was previously). I am searching other possible port arrival listings, but have not yet found VC.
Now, after all that, Viking Conquest appears to be heading back North towards Rhode Island. I assume there was a good reason for the detour and pause, but now back at normal cruising speed, just offshore from Atlantic City
Old 09-22-2017, 02:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Just a little thing call TS Jose with 30'+ seas.....
Old 09-22-2017, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 19hole
Just a little thing call TS Jose with 30'+ seas.....
We are well aware of that aspect. The Viking Conquest clearly took a southerly route to avoid the worst of the storm. What is less clear (at least to this non-mariner) is what the ship has been doing over the last day or so - just wandering off the coast of Delaware. Despite the winds and seas, other cargo ships and even cruise ships have been transiting the area by Davisville. There has been no news of a port closure, though I can't imagine that docking a ro-ro in those conditions would be enjoyable.

In any case, Viking Conquest is now at least back on the list of expected ships in Davisville with a revised ETA of 9/23 0500 eastern time.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tophalope
We are well aware of that aspect. The Viking Conquest clearly took a southerly route to avoid the worst of the storm. What is less clear (at least to this non-mariner) is what the ship has been doing over the last day or so - just wandering off the coast of Delaware. Despite the winds and seas, other cargo ships and even cruise ships have been transiting the area by Davisville. There has been no news of a port closure, though I can't imagine that docking a ro-ro in those conditions would be enjoyable.

In any case, Viking Conquest is now at least back on the list of expected ships in Davisville with a revised ETA of 9/23 0500 eastern time.
Really, really appreciate the updates!! Keep ‘em coming!!
Old 09-22-2017, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi Guys,

Everything went smooth at delivery yesterday. Car is amazing! Won't go into the details of my last 100 miles yet as it may be subject for a different thread and not for this "Delivery" thread. However, wanted to share a few pics of the Car at delivery.

I also got unexpected "Audi Sports" puddle lights. I didn't order them, nor the dealer asked for them. So, Thank you Audi?, or thanks Port worker that installed them on the wrong car? LOL They are awesome.

Took some pics of parts that you don't usually see. The front spoiler vents are all functional and have that shape for a reason. outer ones flow air to the front brakes, next two vents are for both oil coolers, and the smaller "fangs" also direct additional air to cooler. Center one is for turbo air intercooler. very "cool" (no pun intended)

lastly, took the cover off the engine as I haven't seen it without the cover. It's a mess of cables, injectors, valves. No wonder that put a cover on it. Not like the red valve cover of the old RS3 engine.

Enjoy the pics. For those still waiting, hopefully won't be too much longer. Hang in there, is coming and it's worth the wait.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails RS3 Delivery times-img_8971.jpg   RS3 Delivery times-img_8970.jpg   RS3 Delivery times-img_8973.jpg   RS3 Delivery times-img_8974.jpg   RS3 Delivery times-img_8975.jpg  

RS3 Delivery times-img_8976.jpg   RS3 Delivery times-img_8977.jpg   RS3 Delivery times-img_8979.jpg   RS3 Delivery times-img_8980.jpg   RS3 Delivery times-img_8981.jpg  

Old 09-22-2017, 10:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The outer air intakes in the grill appear to exit in the wheel well as vertical slots in front of the wheels, but you mentioned that they are for cooling the brakes. Is it just the angle of the image that makes it appear it is pointed directly at the tire tread and not the brake rotors?
Old 09-22-2017, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BaltimoreCaesar
The outer air intakes in the grill appear to exit in the wheel well as vertical slots in front of the wheels, but you mentioned that they are for cooling the brakes. Is it just the angle of the image that makes it appear it is pointed directly at the tire tread and not the brake rotors?
yes, it is the outer slit that directs air to the outside of the tire for cooling the brakes. The slit is right at the outer edge of the tire. Air flows to the outer portion of the wheel, helping with cooling the brakes.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audifourme

I also got unexpected "Audi Sports" puddle lights. I didn't order them, nor the dealer asked for them. So, Thank you Audi?, or thanks Port worker that installed them on the wrong car? LOL They are awesome.
I also got the puddle lights! Is everyone getting these? Or is it random?

Quick Reply: RS3 Delivery times