Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Delivery times

Old 01-25-2018, 12:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
The nuanced story heard (documented many pages above) is that technically this is a Port "Stop Order", as opposed to a "Stop Sale". It is semantics and perhaps a play on words to make it seem that everything is "ok".

I see. So my dealer says they will likely take delivery next week or first week of Feb from the port in Benicia. Sounds like this is smoke being blown?
Old 01-25-2018, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by uclaman
I see. So my dealer says they will likely take delivery next week or first week of Feb from the port in Benicia. Sounds like this is smoke being blown?
Are you with Stevens Creek too? Who's your SA?
Old 01-25-2018, 01:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dazed1
Are you with Stevens Creek too? Who's your SA?
Livermore
Old 01-25-2018, 02:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zzcett
Have a trip 'cross the big island planned this weekend, if all goes well. If I can force myself to stop and take pics, I will post them; else I'll just enjoy the drive and probably not refill the tank.
so lucky to be able to drive an RS3 there! congrats! i'm looking forward to pics.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I heard it from a credible source as well, within AoA, who said its an engine management software update. They're not being told much from Audi DE. As per him, I will most likely not see the car till sometime in March. I trust this source for various reasons.
oh man. so sorry.
Vincenzo told me today, "it looks like your car is undergoing additional quality checks and we do not expect to have an updated ETA until calendar week 6".
as of now only 2 sailings in Feb are Benicia-bound. i'm hopeful it'll make it on one of those...
Old 02-08-2018, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Final words?

Well.. I think I've come late to the party here, celebrating Audi's 2018 RS screw-up.
I'm another victim of this fiasco. Car's been sitting at Benicia port for over a month. Been waiting for excruciating 7 months now since I order it.
First, Audi closing assembly plants in August and now this. Dealer's communication is null and messed up my order adding stuff I didn't want.

Last message from dealer says: There's a stop sale order for all RS vehicles.

What a great experience! Will I recommend purchasing an Audi RS car to anyone? Sure, definitely!

dazed1, uclaman, have you heard anything new?
Old 02-08-2018, 07:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Which dealership are you dealing with?

is there really a stop sale?!

Originally Posted by SFMan
Well.. I think I've come late to the party here, celebrating Audi's 2018 RS screw-up.
I'm another victim of this fiasco. Car's been sitting at Benicia port for over a month. Been waiting for excruciating 7 months now since I order it.
First, Audi closing assembly plants in August and now this. Dealer's communication is null and messed up my order adding stuff I didn't want.

What a great experience! Will I recommend purchasing an Audi RS car to anyone? Sure, definitely!

Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SFMan

There's no stop sale. You can find an RS3 at a dealer, they will sell it to you. I was pretty close on pulling the trigger on another one, but wanted the darn drivers assist. Had everything else.

And no, nothing. I don't expect anything to hear anything till next week. I follow up maybe once every 2 weeks now.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by uclaman
Which dealership are you dealing with?

is there really a stop sale?!

Livermore, same as you I think.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

There's no stop sale. You can find an RS3 at a dealer, they will sell it to you. I was pretty close on pulling the trigger on another one, but wanted the darn drivers assist. Had everything else.

And no, nothing. I don't expect anything to hear anything till next week. I follow up maybe once every 2 weeks now.
I see.
Well, the dealership guy said there was a stop sale on all RS 2018. But I think he isn't well informed and based on the info here in the forum, I'd say it's a port stop order.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS3 Delivery times