AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/)
-   -   RS3 Delivery times (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/rs3-delivery-times-2918994/)

KGAudi 04-24-2017 10:27 AM

RS3 Delivery times

Just ordered a 2018 RS3 last week.. Catalunya Red with Dynamic Package #1 from Audi Burlingame. Pretty good experience. They mentioned a possible delivery time of September. Is anyone hearing September or another month?

Thanks
Ken

mattvandyk 04-24-2017 11:37 AM

The ETA on my allocated order is 8/2-8/30. Some guy on FB is getting his in a couple weeks, but I think it's a 2017 launch edition car. The earliest I heard of anyone having a delivery date for a 2018 is July.

BlackAce 04-24-2017 12:20 PM

Matt is right, July is the earliest 2018. August is likely for most orders going on right now. My guess is your dealer is saying September to allow for any unforeseen delays.

shivamerlin 04-25-2017 04:17 AM

I contacted my dealership yesterday and just like others I was told that we are still on schedule for August delivery.

bipedcreature 04-25-2017 06:11 AM

I talked to my dealer yesterday and they insist that orders for the 2018 model can't be placed yet :confused: so I'm still waiting for them to take my official order. But I know I'm getting one because they are getting 4 cars, and I gave them a deposit for the 3rd one. They are also saying around July/August. They also said they were allocated one 2017 model and that should be here in a month or so, but it's already sold.

TDIII 04-25-2017 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by bipedcreature (Post 24957524)
I talked to my dealer yesterday and they insist that orders for the 2018 model can't be placed yet :confused: so I'm still waiting for them to take my official order. But I know I'm getting one because they are getting 4 cars, and I gave them a deposit for the 3rd one. They are also saying around July/August. They also said they were allocated one 2017 model and that should be here in a month or so, but it's already sold.

Biped:

Quick question - do you know whether or not your dealer is an Audi Sport Dealer?

I'm working with my local dealer who is NOT Magna Society nor an Audi Sport dealer and having a hard time getting anything out of them. They have no idea if or when they are getting any allocations or pricing and will not accept a deposit from me at this time. What I'm trying to figure out, without alienating them, is whether or not I need to bail on them and seek out an Audi Sport dealership (I've got two that are within 60 miles of me). Do anyone out there have any factual information about allocations and whether or not Audi USA plays favorites? In other words, do non-Audi Sport dealerships get the "short end" of the stick when it comes to RS allocations?

I really like this local dealer, having leased two different Audi models from them over the years. Their sales and service departments are really good so I really want to order from them, but at the same time don't want to lose a 2018 allocation. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

bipedcreature 04-25-2017 06:49 AM

My dealer is both Magna Society and Audi Sport. I read last week from someone on this forum that Magna Society gets more allocations and may receive them sooner. From what my dealer said, only Audi Sport dealerships are getting the 2017 models (they were allocated one).

SYMAWD 04-25-2017 06:58 AM

I have one Black/ Black 2017 expected to arrive in June and a 2018 Ara Blue/ Black/Red expected in July/ August.

spicaly 04-25-2017 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by TDIII (Post 24957546)
Biped:

Quick question - do you know whether or not your dealer is an Audi Sport Dealer?

I'm working with my local dealer who is NOT Magna Society nor an Audi Sport dealer and having a hard time getting anything out of them. They have no idea if or when they are getting any allocations or pricing and will not accept a deposit from me at this time. What I'm trying to figure out, without alienating them, is whether or not I need to bail on them and seek out an Audi Sport dealership (I've got two that are within 60 miles of me). Do anyone out there have any factual information about allocations and whether or not Audi USA plays favorites? In other words, do non-Audi Sport dealerships get the "short end" of the stick when it comes to RS allocations?

I really like this local dealer, having leased two different Audi models from them over the years. Their sales and service departments are really good so I really want to order from them, but at the same time don't want to lose a 2018 allocation. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

I was/am in the same boat.... the dealer I put a deposit down with last August has released no info, no allocation.

I called a dealer that is an audi sport/magna and they allowed me to place an order..... smh

KGAudi 04-25-2017 07:42 AM

Thanks for the feedback.. looking like Sept is about right.. Hope I can hold on ...:-)