Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Delivery times

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 10:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RS3EC
Ordered my RS3 in June and it will supposedly be here at the end of December, just in time for a major snow storm most likely. Anyone else having a similar experience with the wait?
Seems longer than most. I ordered mine July 22 and took delivery October 26. It could depend largely on your dealer and how many allocations they received as well as your options. I heard there was a delay for those who ordered the carbon fiber inserts which I opted not to have.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RS3EC
Ordered my RS3 in June and it will supposedly be here at the end of December, just in time for a major snow storm most likely. Anyone else having a similar experience with the wait?
Ordered mine in April and just took delivery this past weekend.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dazed1
No update on position of Galveston Highway since the 8th. Ugh. Anyone have a paid account they could check with please?
I don't have a paid account, but I can see her course is approximately 315 degrees an she's in the mountain time zone. I'd guess she is somewhere along the southern Baja California peninsula and will cross in the Pacific time zone within 24 hours.

I avoid tracking too closely because I don't have a full up-to-date itinerary to follow. But I do know the Galveston Highway is due at San Diego at 10am December 15 (for about 6 hours, according to the San Diego Unified Port DIstrict's vessel schedule), and then due at Port Hueneme, Oxnard, sometime on December 16 (according to that port's vessel schedule), and then finally at Benicia, Carquinez Strait, on the 20th - no vessel schedule to be found but that's the date on my import documents (before she arrived at Emden, the original Benicia ETA was December 19th).

Do you know if your RS3 will travel directly south after leaving the port, or will have to first pass through a northern California/bay area dealer?

San Diego vessel schedule: San Diego Marine Information Systems - Maritime Information - Vessel Schedule
Port Hueneme vessel schedule: https://www.portofhueneme.org/vesselschedule/
Old 12-14-2017, 12:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vindaloo
I don't have a paid account, but I can see her course is approximately 315 degrees an she's in the mountain time zone. I'd guess she is somewhere along the southern Baja California peninsula and will cross in the Pacific time zone within 24 hours.

I avoid tracking too closely because I don't have a full up-to-date itinerary to follow. But I do know the Galveston Highway is due at San Diego at 10am December 15 (for about 6 hours, according to the San Diego Unified Port DIstrict's vessel schedule), and then due at Port Hueneme, Oxnard, sometime on December 16 (according to that port's vessel schedule), and then finally at Benicia, Carquinez Strait, on the 20th - no vessel schedule to be found but that's the date on my import documents (before she arrived at Emden, the original Benicia ETA was December 19th).

Do you know if your RS3 will travel directly south after leaving the port, or will have to first pass through a northern California/bay area dealer?

San Diego vessel schedule: San Diego Marine Information Systems - Maritime Information - Vessel Schedule
Port Hueneme vessel schedule: https://www.portofhueneme.org/vesselschedule/
Thanks! My car will get off at Benecia. Since my dealer is in San Jose, it will actually pass my place before it heads to the dealer, lol. I guess I'll be having a good new years present. Can't pick up the car for a couple weeks.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ship just docked at Benicia. Too bad I'm not around. Would've driven up to see the ship
Old 12-18-2017, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Anyone waiting on the GOODWOOD? Looks like it should make land in Rhode Island early tomorrow - Dec 19th. (I can't see the route/satellite map...)
Old 12-18-2017, 09:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Anyone waiting on the GOODWOOD? Looks like it should make land in Rhode Island early tomorrow - Dec 19th. (I can't see the route/satellite map...)
Mines on the GOODWOOD! The ship hasn't updated it's position in a while, but the date is still the 19th (as you said). Dealer estimated delivery between Dec 23rd and Jan 6th. Needless to say I'll be calling them on the 20th to check. Heh heh.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Greyout
Mines on the GOODWOOD! The ship hasn't updated it's position in a while, but the date is still the 19th (as you said). Dealer estimated delivery between Dec 23rd and Jan 6th. Needless to say I'll be calling them on the 20th to check. Heh heh.
Last time I saw the boat on radar (at Azores)... The future route seemed to track GOODWOOD to NYC, up the East River (really?), then all the way out the Long Island Sound to RI. Hopefully the weather has calmed down and it doesn't have to go through NYC. I would like to see a beast of a ship like this going under the Brooklyn Bridge though.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Last time I saw the boat on radar (at Azores)... The future route seemed to track GOODWOOD to NYC, up the East River (really?), then all the way out the Long Island Sound to RI. Hopefully the weather has calmed down and it doesn't have to go through NYC. I would like to see a beast of a ship like this going under the Brooklyn Bridge though.
The Goodwood is still off the radar, so it's probably lost at sea for a couple more days. There goes our chance at a Christmas present.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Greyout
The Goodwood is still off the radar, so it's probably lost at sea for a couple more days. There goes our chance at a Christmas present.
Agreed. My drop off is in Houston. Still hoping it lands and gets checked in before Jan 2nd - so I can get $500 off on the Season of Audi Event.... Otherwise, I am in no great hurry for the truck ride across country.

Quick Reply: RS3 Delivery times