Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Delivery times

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 09:44 PM
CG3
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zipzipzip
The car was a demo for their opening. Not mine. Mine wasn't even released from Port. I bought a new 2018 today at sticker. 2017 no carb and don't want to wait.
The weekend is around the corner again, hope you have confirmed the techs are going to deliver despite that and you dont have a flight to catch! What happened with the financing you signed for the last one at the previous dealer....
Old 07-20-2017, 09:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CG3
My dealer is open on searching an S4/S5 for me but is asking me to hold off until another week.

The only thing holding me back are the darn happy faced Aussie/NZ youtubers

May be ShivaMerlin will reaffirm this later in the day!
I gave up on my 2017 RS3 today and instead bought this S5 Sportback Prestige. It isn't a great photo (just snapped quickly before driving off the lot) but wanted to share it. I've decided that maybe I'm just not cut out for ordering/holding cars.

Best of luck to everyone who is waiting for their RS3s and I plan to continue lurking here to see all of the photos when everyone finally gets theirs

Old 07-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's a beautiful looking car and I hope it's perfect for you. I'd like to hear more about it down the road as you get more seat time. Bummed that you're off the RS3 train, but I completely understand your situation. Cheers and congrats on the new car!!!!
Old 07-20-2017, 10:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bh13
That's a beautiful looking car and I hope it's perfect for you. I'd like to hear more about it down the road as you get more seat time. Bummed that you're off the RS3 train, but I completely understand your situation. Cheers and congrats on the new car!!!!
Thanks! It definitely doesn't have the power/weight ratio I had on my R or was expecting on the RS3, but it has respectable acceleration, braking, and handling. I will also admit that after driving it for a day I love all of the creature comforts. The husband was especially happy about the massaging passenger seat, which I know--as an enthusiast--I'm not supposed to care about, but they are kind of cool.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:14 PM
CG3
Audiworld Junior Member

Great choice. Incidentally one of this was parked outside the restaurant I just stopped by to do some take out. Lusted at it for quite some time. What was more striking/co-incidental was it was the same car I gave up when I my dealer lured me into signing up for the 'only available RS3'.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CG3
Great choice. Incidentally one of this was parked outside the restaurant I just stopped by to do some take out. Lusted at it for quite some time. What was more striking/co-incidental was it was the same car I gave up when I my dealer lured me into signing up for the 'only available RS3'.
Thanks! I think I made the right decision in the long run
Old 07-20-2017, 11:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by 2017rs3
Thanks! I think I made the right decision in the long run
There's no bad decision with either of these cars. They are both awesome.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Len Pettyjohn
Your order sheet is consistent with mine, but the car was delivered to the dealer two weeks early. Port arrival was Jacksonville, FL and delivery to Melbourne, FL dealer this morning. The car should be ready for pick up tomorrow (Friday), however, I am on vacation so they will most likely put it behind theater ropes for a week and lock it so no one can touch it or get inside. This is the first RS3 the dealer has seen and there was a great deal of excitement when they started it up to get it off the delivery truck.
My experience through the whole process was seamless and everything the dealer said actually happened with the exception that the car arrived ahead of AoA and dealer schedule.
Congrats. Melbourne is a great dealership.

My car also landed in Jacksonville yesterday and should arrive at my dealer in Orlando sometime later today. Could be picking up this weekend.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackAce
Congrats. Melbourne is a great dealership.

My car also landed in Jacksonville yesterday and should arrive at my dealer in Orlando sometime later today. Could be picking up this weekend.
assume these are the 18s everyone is talking about picking up?
Old 07-21-2017, 02:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zipzipzip
I admit I was wrong when I said the 2017 had CARB approval. They dont, only EPA>

I found a dealer one hour away and got a 2018 Ara Blue. There are dealers selling these at MSRP. That should be released to the carrier today.

I do think the 2018 will take a hit financially. The dealer I purchased 2017 is MAD. But oh well.
what do you mean the 2018 will take a hit financially?

Quick Reply: RS3 Delivery times