Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Just Purchased a 2015 A3 2.0T Prestige S-Line

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 07:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Purchased a 2015 A3 2.0T Prestige S-Line

Just registered and my first question is a boring one... There is a compartment in the trunk on the right side that opens up. Looks like some sort of rack that should be holding something. What is supposed to be in there?

BTW I’m really impressed with it so far!
Old 01-17-2018, 09:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a 2015 A3 Premium Plus and have the same empty compartment. I read something elsewhere a while back and it was speculated that it might be for a subwoofer with the BANG & OLUFSEN sound upgrade but that was just speculation on the posters part.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. My car already has the B&O system with sub, although I don’t know where that’s located...
Old 01-17-2018, 10:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah no clue.. This was the thread I was talking about. Someone there said it was for a factory amp..

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...-side-2845395/

I am otherwise clueless as mine is empty as well..
Old 01-17-2018, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe that's where the first aid kit goes. Some countries those were included with the car, a small red first aid kit.

My 2015 Premium Plus A3 did not have it. I later picked up a first aid kit from the dealer from a coupon I had. The kit was not red but black and did not fit into the small compartment.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegenie
I believe that's where the first aid kit goes. Some countries those were included with the car, a small red first aid kit.

My 2015 Premium Plus A3 did not have it. I later picked up a first aid kit from the dealer from a coupon I had. The kit was not red but black and did not fit into the small compartment.
Yup
Old 01-26-2018, 07:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought the same car and asked the same question. Got the same responses, heh. I doubt the first aid kit story; the box in question is too convoluted for that. I don't believe the woofer story either. Note there are some electronics under the box, might have something to do with it. I may try to remove that box, as that compartment looks handy for storing small stuff.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul47
I bought the same car and asked the same question. Got the same responses, heh. I doubt the first aid kit story; the box in question is too convoluted for that. I don't believe the woofer story either. Note there are some electronics under the box, might have something to do with it. I may try to remove that box, as that compartment looks handy for storing small stuff.
That compartment is for the backup camera control module. I assume the rack you're talking about looks something like this:

The first aid kit is supposed to go in the back middle seat.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rawrmcrawrrawr
That compartment is for the backup camera control module. I assume the rack you're talking about looks something like this:

The first aid kit is supposed to go in the back middle seat.
That's what it looks like alright but I have the rear backup camera option installed and there is nothing in that rack...
Old 01-28-2018, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dkrz123
That's what it looks like alright but I have the rear backup camera option installed and there is nothing in that rack...
Hmm. Not sure what to tell you. It's possible you have that module mounted somewhere else, near the front of the car? In any case, if that rack in the back is empty, you can probably remove it.

Quick Reply: Just Purchased a 2015 A3 2.0T Prestige S-Line