Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 front Grill on 8V?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS3 front Grill on 8V?

Has anyone face-lifted the front of their 8V with the RS3 Grill? Trying to do something to make my 2.0T Premium look a little more aggressive.

https://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-A3_8V...ody/ES2844547/
Old 09-28-2015, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'd be interested in this too, but I havn't found any of them that have the ACC radar opening.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CalSam
Has anyone face-lifted the front of their 8V with the RS3 Grill? Trying to do something to make my 2.0T Premium look a little more aggressive.

https://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-A3_8V...ody/ES2844547/
I got the one from USP it also includes the rings, the one from ECS does not and needs to be purchased separately. Overall I am very happy with it and looks great
Old 09-28-2015, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by deadboltpoison
I got the one from USP it also includes the rings, the one from ECS does not and needs to be purchased separately. Overall I am very happy with it and looks great
I have the one from emmanuelle designs and am extremely happy with it. I personally think it looks even better on the premium/pp models than it does on the s-line body kit because the bottom Quattro portion of the grille lines up perfectly with the lines on the air dams on the bottom.

I have the black one, but I think in retrospect I shoulda went with the silver. Oh well, still looks great.

Last edited by Antarius; 09-28-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've heard there are some issues with the front proximity sensors and the grill always triggering them. Those that have these grills, have you had that issue?
Old 09-29-2015, 05:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a one piece grill on mine. I purchased form eBay. The grill fits great, but it does not come with rings, you need to use the original ones from your grill. There are cut outs for the parking sensors, but I do not have that feature. They had two versions, an all black version or one with chrome around.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by erik83p
I have a one piece grill on mine. I purchased form eBay. The grill fits great, but it does not come with rings, you need to use the original ones from your grill. There are cut outs for the parking sensors, but I do not have that feature. They had two versions, an all black version or one with chrome around.
My 2016 S3 has the adaptable cruise control system, which basically has a cutout for a big orb right under the front license plate. Do you know if this grill has a cut-out for that? (this is in addition to the parking sensors). I really like the look of this grill, it certainly looks great on your car!

I'm just sad I live in a state where the front plate is required
Old 09-29-2015, 01:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Erik, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm running the same setup as you right now, but I'm debating if I should get the all black or with chrome. I initially saw the RS5 at the dealership and fell in love with it. I was hoping our A3 would look just as good.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I, too, would be interested in knowing other peoples' success with this swap out--especially those with the parking assist. Seems like a fairly low-cost, worthy aesthetic upgrade!
Old 09-29-2015, 02:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Antarius
I have the black one, but I think in retrospect I shoulda went with the silver. Oh well, still looks great.
If you had a black/mythos black car, would you still get the silver?

Quick Reply: RS3 front Grill on 8V?