Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

S3 Black High-Gloss Styling Pacakage

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S3 Black High-Gloss Styling Pacakage

Does anyone know if the black styling package for the front grate and the trim around the windows will be available in the US? It's not available in the new car build for audi usa and I didn't see it on the order form.

It's available on other country's configurators, such as Australia.

Anyone have any idea? I think the car looks so much better with the black styling.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

It is not on the order guide, so likely not. They may be saving this for an RS version?
In any event I am not fond of it - too shiny. For me shiny=cheap looking.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by irenesbob
It is not on the order guide, so likely not. They may be saving this for an RS version?
In any event I am not fond of it - too shiny. For me shiny=cheap looking.
What do you mean too shiny? It's just the trim around the windows and the color of the front grate. If anything it's less shiny than the normal chrome.

First one standard, second one w/ the black styling package

Old 08-12-2014, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that Black styling makes the car look very base, like the base A3 premium without the chrome options.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegenie
that Black styling makes the car look very base, like the base A3 premium without the chrome options.
Everyone has their own tastes, but I happen to agree with you.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

If it looks like the black styling pkg I have seen, the grate (I guess that would be grille in the US) material looks like high-sheen plastic, whereas the chrome looks more like metal.
Depending on the body color I would could go with either option. To me the black styling pkg is too much of a contrast with colors like White or Silver, but I think on a medium-dark color (Gray, Red, Blue or Black) it would look good, if you prefer the blacked-out look.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gamegenie
I can see where you're coming from. I think those pictures don't really do it justice. I just love the way the black looks, especially from the front.

I think it looks great in this video. With dark rims, a black sunroof top, and no license plate in the front so it looks even better blacked out, I think it would look really sharp.

But like everyone's said, we all have our own tastes.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

hopefully they decide to add the black styling option in the US in a few months *fingers crossed* If not there is always the body shop
Old 08-19-2014, 11:44 AM
flk
Audiworld Junior Member

Is the ASpec S3 going to have the black paint around the sunroof in the front half of the roof like in the A3?
Old 08-19-2014, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flk
Is the ASpec S3 going to have the black paint around the sunroof in the front half of the roof like in the A3?
It should.

Although its not shown in the S3 pic or the S3 video here, but I think that's because its the European A3/S3 displayed which does not have the pan-moonroof. Where moonroof was marketed as a standard feature to the A3/S3 here in the US.

Other things I noticed about the European A3/S3 is the headlights don't have that orange tip on the end, its white.

The European A3s have fog lights.

The D-shape sport wheel is offered up in A3 models with the S-line.

In contrast, the Indian market that just got the A3 has got it the worse. They don't get the round sport wheel that standard here in the US, they get the older A4 style wheel, and their seats don't appear to be complete leather, and their dash has plastic trim instead of the aluminum.

Last edited by gamegenie; 08-20-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Quick Reply: S3 Black High-Gloss Styling Pacakage