Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

S3 to RS3 power seat retrofit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S3 to RS3 power seat retrofit?

Hi, just joined, first post here. I looked at an RS3 at a local dealer a few days ago, and was very impressed, except for the surprising lack of availability of power seats, even as an extra-cost option. This seems very strange, especially since the S3 has seats that look like they would be great on the RS3. The only visual difference I see is that they have an "S" rather than an "RS" imprint. I've had cars with power seats, with driver memory, for years, I do sometimes adjust my seat while the car is in motion, and I find it incredible that Audi doesn't offer this on the RS3.

Is there any reason I couldn't just buy a pair of power seats from an S3 and install them on my RS3? Surely the interior details can't be all that different.

Thanks,
-Randy
Old 11-17-2017, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are talking about here in the states, the RS3 seats are the S sport seats that are an option on the S3 (except the RS3 has the RS logo instead of the S logo like you stated and the quilted pattern is a little different). The power seats that come standard on the S3 do not look like the RS3 seats. I don't see a reason why you couldn't retrofit them into the RS3 as I know I've read of people swapping the base power seats with the S sport seats in an S3.

Just know that the base S3 seats don't have driver or passenger memory either, just in case that was one of the reasons you were wanting to switch. The other downside to having the power seats is that they are going to sit a little higher due to the additional electronics and will weigh more, but you probably already knew that.