Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Sold My 2018 RS3 & GOT A 2019 S3...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by markN1689
Damn. This is pretty unusual. Swapping around cars like this must not be very economical. Even if I were massively wealthy I would try to get something that I know that I would be happy with for at least a couple years. w/e floats your boat but it seems a little silly in my world.
That's the way I see it too. I had my A4 for 14years and had to sell it after a move because it was modded too far to pass emissions in my new state. The irony is I've averaged a car buy a year for the last 4 years since lol. (crashed one, sold one, kept two more). Hopefully I'm done for a while!
Old 06-18-2019, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations on your new S3 and a big thanks for the video, I was actually thinking of trading my 2018 S3 for an RS3. My S3 does have the red interior and I am not tired of it after a year so far, I actually get a lot of positive comments. I did get an APR stage 1 ECU tune and wow what a difference, so much fun to drive, I highly recommend. I also had the windows tinted and added new wheels.

2018 S3
Old 06-18-2019, 07:31 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by hbcucat
Thanks Terry. I appreciate the comment. When I posted the review on the RS3, alot of folks that were waiting for their RS3's to come in on order were a little concerned I guess and instead of taking it for what it was (an opinion on what does or does not work for me) they took my critical comments on the car and attacked hahaha. When in all reality, I think the car is great for someone that is ok with it's driving characteristics for how they might use it but for me, as a daily driver, the regular old S3 would do the trick. I didnt' plan on modding and tracking the RS3 or even driving it aggressively often.

And thank you for the congrats on my S3. Congrats on your RS3, it looks spectacular!

I am looking forward to digging into the S3 and having some fun with it. I might do a piggy back JB4 tune, tint the window, and maybe adjust suspension.
Did you mod your RS3? Do you track it?
Originally Posted by Rans09vert
Hbcucat,

With all do respect, if you really read these forums, you would know that Terry, first of all, just got his car, and second, he would NOT ever, ever mod his car. Just sayin.
Sorry not sure what you're trying to say? You want me to read more of the forums? I saw his post where he bought the RS3 and I said congrats to Terry. I also commented on that post if you really read these forums you would have seen that. With all due respect...
Originally Posted by Rans09vert
I was not trying to say anything other than, Terry posts quite a bit. He has posted on several, many, topics about not modding your car under warranty. That's all.
Thanks. I'll start following Terry. He's a cool guy.
Hello Audi World Members,

It's all good guys on this end.

And just to make sure everyone knows the comments on me NOT-Modding my new 2019 RS3 is a FACT guys.
I've been down that Very-Very-Slippery road so many times I lost count. LOL !!!

And below is the last car I really heavily got into modding.
Just in case anyone is wondering about it ???
It is 1-of-1 in the World that I had converted to a 5-speed automatic and 1,000 H/P.
Click on link below if your interested,
https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/N...8-ford-mustang

Have fun guys with your Audi cars regardless of what Model.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 06-18-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilddwightman
Congratulations on your new S3 and a big thanks for the video, I was actually thinking of trading my 2018 S3 for an RS3. My S3 does have the red interior and I am not tired of it after a year so far, I actually get a lot of positive comments. I did get an APR stage 1 ECU tune and wow what a difference, so much fun to drive, I highly recommend. I also had the windows tinted and added new wheels.

2018 S3
Thank you and congrats to you too on a beautiful spec. Now I bet if I see your interior I'll be jealous hahaha! Any pictures of the inside? It looks great.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by markN1689
Damn. This is pretty unusual. Swapping around cars like this must not be very economical. Even if I were massively wealthy I would try to get something that I know that I would be happy with for at least a couple years. w/e floats your boat but it seems a little silly in my world.
What's more silly:
  1. Losing $5,000 in depreciation on a new car?
  2. Losing more than $5,000 in depreciation on a new car?
I'm a computer scientist by trade and education so I looked at the situation with the RS3 logically. I bought it new so it is a fact I'm going to lose money on it in depreciation.
You can't get around that right? So if I know eventually I'm going to sell it, why wait for it to depreciate even further and lose even more. So I sold it quickly. With it being the first RS3 to be delivered probably in the entire state of Ohio at the time, the dealer was not handing out test drives and I'm not sure I would have figured out I preferred an S3 from one simple test drive.

So I took my loss on the RS3 and just picked up a used S3 and drove that until I decided to pick up the 2019 S3 and I'm very happy with it.
As for the other cars I buy and sell quickly like the RS3, I usually buy used and look for deals where I can buy the car at a price that I can later sell it for a profit or just about break even. It's a fun hobby for me, but I'm sure lots of people who don't enjoy cars as much as me would think it's silly.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you and congrats to you too on a beautiful spec. Now I bet if I see your interior I'll be jealous hahaha! Any pictures of the inside? It looks great.

Last edited by Wilddwightman; 06-18-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

New low profile headrests.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Wilddwightman

New low profile headrests.

Yea that black exterior with red interior looks great!
Old 06-19-2019, 09:29 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

What's more silly:
  1. Losing $5,000 in depreciation on a new car?
  2. Losing more than $5,000 in depreciation on a new car?
I'm a computer scientist by trade and education so I looked at the situation with the RS3 logically. I bought it new so it is a fact I'm going to lose money on it in depreciation.
You can't get around that right? So if I know eventually I'm going to sell it, why wait for it to depreciate even further and lose even more. So I sold it quickly. With it being the first RS3 to be delivered probably in the entire state of Ohio at the time, the dealer was not handing out test drives and I'm not sure I would have figured out I preferred an S3 from one simple test drive.

So I took my loss on the RS3 and just picked up a used S3 and drove that until I decided to pick up the 2019 S3 and I'm very happy with it.
As for the other cars I buy and sell quickly like the RS3, I usually buy used and look for deals where I can buy the car at a price that I can later sell it for a profit or just about break even. It's a fun hobby for me, but I'm sure lots of people who don't enjoy cars as much as me would think it's silly.
Either you are a car guy or your not and if your not then the vehicle is for transportation.

We my internet car buddy are on the exact same line-of-thinking for sure.

Terry
Old 06-19-2019, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Either you are a car guy or your not and if your not then the vehicle is for transportation.

We my internet car buddy are on the exact same line-of-thinking for sure.

Terry
Thanks my friend I know you are enjoying that RS3! Love it!

How's the actual gas mileage turning out to be in the RS3? I know it's probably the least of your concerns right about now hehehe

Quick Reply: Sold My 2018 RS3 & GOT A 2019 S3...