Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

time to consider extended warranty

Old 10-02-2018, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time to consider extended warranty

Audi is pitching audi pure protection. Who has the best plan? What can I expect to pay?
I probably won't keep the S3 more than another year but it may be worth it
Old 10-04-2018, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm also interested in this topic. What type of pricing are you seeing?
Old 10-04-2018, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Platinum (only one worth having as it is the only one that covers the expensive electronics)
I am being quoted $2200 for +2 years to 60k miles and $3400 for +4 years and 80k miles
Any of the electronic components failing could set me back $2200.
Anyone know how to get a better deal?
Old 10-05-2018, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by whitby
Platinum (only one worth having as it is the only one that covers the expensive electronics)
I am being quoted $2200 for +2 years to 60k miles and $3400 for +4 years and 80k miles
Any of the electronic components failing could set me back $2200.
Anyone know how to get a better deal?
I was quoted $3200 for the 100k mile platinum but told my dealer that I would wait until I shopped around. I only asked about the 100k mile platinum pricing since I drive around 20-25k miles a year. I can contact them and confirm if you can tell me which one you want.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

wait.. now that I think about it. What do CPO vehicles get? Platinum - tier of warranty?
Old 10-05-2018, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is there any indication electronics will go out on these things? I had an '04 allroad and really, really really regretted not extending the warranty. I've had no problems or even hints so far in this at 40k.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

On my RS4 the 'clock spring' which is the wiring wrapped around the steering wheel went bad. That would have paid for the warranty on it's own.
I have a friend who lost the MMI on a Q5 - $2200 to fix.
I don't know how often problems occur, the A3/S3 is still pretty new model, but when they do go wrong it is painful

I got a mailer from Audi. I have not shopped around yet. I should talk to the dealer as, I hope, they want to keep my business. I am thinking I can do better than the initial quote.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Geioc MBI?

I decided to go with Geico mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) instead of getting Audi extended warranty. It covers just about everything including electrical, but not wear items, for a $250 deductible per issue. I have a 2015 S3 with 47k miles on it.

I was at the dealer last month for my 45k and the service manager said I only had 5K miles left on my warranty, would I be interested in picking up some Audi coverage. I said I had Geico MBI and he was like "Oh, ok, we deal with them all the time, they'll give us a credit card the same day, not like some of these other companies".

I know some don't like Geico because I don't think they use OEM parts if they can get away with it, but I've had them for almost 15 yrs with no issues (WRX, Evo MR and now S3).
Old 10-06-2018, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by turbojb
I decided to go with Geico mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) instead of getting Audi extended warranty. It covers just about everything including electrical, but not wear items, for a $250 deductible per issue. I have a 2015 S3 with 47k miles on it.

I was at the dealer last month for my 45k and the service manager said I only had 5K miles left on my warranty, would I be interested in picking up some Audi coverage. I said I had Geico MBI and he was like "Oh, ok, we deal with them all the time, they'll give us a credit card the same day, not like some of these other companies".

I know some don't like Geico because I don't think they use OEM parts if they can get away with it, but I've had them for almost 15 yrs with no issues (WRX, Evo MR and now S3).
that's pretty good to know. thanks for letting us know!
Old 10-09-2018, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by turbojb

How much did Geico charge you for their warranty if you don't mind sharing? Without a cost we can't really compare the the two. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: time to consider extended warranty