Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
View Poll Results: Should I pay $1000 CDN more for the extra warranty?
Yes
20.00%
No
80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Time sensitive RS3 purchase decision - advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 06:52 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by phacomyeggo
Thanks everyone!
At the end of the day they are actually including it free of charge as part of the deal.
Will be taking delivery this Friday and can't wait!
Congratulations and FREE always puts a on one's face.

Friday is coming up really soon so fun times are coming your way !!!

Terry
Old 04-07-2019, 08:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Guys,

My take on extended warranties and Pre-Paid Service agreements.
I worked for multiple New Car Dealerships for plus 20-years and held many positions over that time frame.
Anyone that knows anything at all about how dealerships actually operate ???
Should know that the Business Office is a {MAJOR-PROFIT-CENTER} !!!
In many-many cases on a new car purchase there is more monies generated in the Business Office versus the actual sale of the new car.
(Especially if there is No-Car traded-in)
I could sit here and type all the separate things that are OFFERED to the Customer but it would be waste of my time and below is why I say that.
Those that know the inner-workings of a car dealership know (BEFORE) they walk into the Business Office what they are and are NOT going to do and be SOLD.
The people that don't know how a dealership actually operates are many-many-many times at the MERCY of Mr. Slick the F&I Manager and sometimes referred to as the Business Manager.

So, with above said, to each their own guys ................

Terry
hey Mr. Car Business... profit is NOT a dirty word. The business office does generate profit, that part is true. But, the business office also addresses several needs. I’ve been in the business for 15 years and counting in every customer facing position in the industry. There is a metric that is tracked quite closely as related to the purchase of a VSA(in fact there are a few)but the one that applies here the most is Overall Ownership Experience in relation to the customer returning to the brand to purchase another vehicle. In plain English it means that most customers that purchase a VSA have a better overall experience during the term of ownership of their vehicle and as a result a very high percentage returns to the brand to buy another one. My advise on the subject, as an insider that also buys one on every vehicle I own, is if you can afford one..buy one... they’re usually marked up around 100% as regulated by 95% of the states in this country... but make sure you dont overpay for one.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:54 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by buci1er
hey Mr. Car Business... profit is NOT a dirty word.

The business office does generate profit, that part is true. But, the business office also addresses several needs. I’ve been in the business for 15 years and counting in every customer facing position in the industry. There is a metric that is tracked quite closely as related to the purchase of a VSA(in fact there are a few)but the one that applies here the most is Overall Ownership Experience in relation to the customer returning to the brand to purchase another vehicle. In plain English it means that most customers that purchase a VSA have a better overall experience during the term of ownership of their vehicle and as a result a very high percentage returns to the brand to buy another one. My advise on the subject, as an insider that also buys one on every vehicle I own, is if you can afford one..buy one... they’re usually marked up around 100% as regulated by 95% of the states in this country... but make sure you dont overpay for one.
Your so very-very right that (Profit) is not a dirty word.
I should know I was in sales for like 30-years ...............

Terry