Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Virtual cockpit change/code to TT cockpit

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 01:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virtual cockpit change/code to TT cockpit

Hey guys,

I know it's possible to change the vc on our s3 to look like the rs3 or a3 vc.
But does anyone know if we can code it to look and function like the TT vc ?

since the TT has no middle screen, i love how everything in the TT is displayed on the VC including full mmi / android auto, car play, reverse cam and so on.

Thanks
Old 01-03-2019, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the car has no issues at night. It looks 10 times better than the Q8 screenshot.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't seen that, only adding features on the screen from the RS3 options - e.g. G-force Meter - which I did successfully add on my 2018 S3.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...ckpit-2931795/

Old 01-08-2019, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Google Earth and Audi Connect?

Hi All,
I picked up a CPO SQ5, 3/18 build over the holidays. As soon as I took delivery, all the nice virtual cockpit effects, specifically Google Earth, disappeared. Salesman said that the 6 month trial was over but he'll arrange for service to hook me up with the trial version. I was intending to jump onboard for a full Audi Connect package ($4xx for 18 mos.) when the trial was over. But I've read elsewhere that Google Earth will no longer be supported by Audi as of early '18 or older at the end of 2020. That puts the 18 month deal ending just about when Audi will ditch Google Earth.

My question: If Audi doesn't offer an alternate to Google, will my virtual cockpit be (much) less useful? If that's the case, should I not be so anxious to subscribe long term to Audi Connect?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2019, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HDEddie101
Hi All,
I picked up a CPO SQ5, 3/18 build over the holidays. As soon as I took delivery, all the nice virtual cockpit effects, specifically Google Earth, disappeared. Salesman said that the 6 month trial was over but he'll arrange for service to hook me up with the trial version. I was intending to jump onboard for a full Audi Connect package ($4xx for 18 mos.) when the trial was over. But I've read elsewhere that Google Earth will no longer be supported by Audi as of early '18 or older at the end of 2020. That puts the 18 month deal ending just about when Audi will ditch Google Earth.

My question: If Audi doesn't offer an alternate to Google, will my virtual cockpit be (much) less useful? If that's the case, should I not be so anxious to subscribe long term to Audi Connect?

Thanks
Will VC be less useful? No, you just won't see the satellite imagery on the map.

Audi connect is a joke in my opinion, $300 for weather, news, and a few antiquated apps on the phone you'll never use.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HDEddie101
Hi All,

Thanks
Google Earth is just the over-lay for the Audi maps - even if Audi doesn't replace it, you'll still have the full GPS feature set.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Based on what everyone is saying, it sounds like a glitch in your vehicles software.
I would try having the dealership reload or load whatever the latest software is to try and rectify your issue.
It definitely doesn't sound like what you're experiencing is normal.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virtual Cockpit malfunction

**Re-posting here**
Hello everyone,

I bought a used 2017 Q7 Premium plus with 60K miles on it. The windshield had a crack and, the (non-Audi) dealer changed my windshield to the Pilkington brand. During the installation, the car's center console activated the warning lights (Pic attached). Thought, the Audi dealer can fix the issue with the codes.

I took the car to the Audi dealer for Sensor calibration and, the error codes did not work the magic. I had to leave the car for two days to analyze the issue. After a fast followup, the dealership confirmed that the entire center console needs to be replaced, the part cost is $2700+ including the labor.

Does anyone have a point of view on this matter? Its a lot of money and the vehicle is out of warranty

Note: The car drives great and all the features work well.

Thanks in advance,

Old 01-10-2020, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SD07
**Re-posting here**
Hello everyone,

I bought a used 2017 Q7 Premium plus with 60K miles on it. The windshield had a crack and, the (non-Audi) dealer changed my windshield to the Pilkington brand. During the installation, the car's center console activated the warning lights (Pic attached). Thought, the Audi dealer can fix the issue with the codes.

I took the car to the Audi dealer for Sensor calibration and, the error codes did not work the magic. I had to leave the car for two days to analyze the issue. After a fast followup, the dealership confirmed that the entire center console needs to be replaced, the part cost is $2700+ including the labor.

Does anyone have a point of view on this matter? Its a lot of money and the vehicle is out of warranty

Note: The car drives great and all the features work well.

Thanks in advance,
Doesn't sound right. What is it that you will be missing unless you replace the console? If the features were working before you replaced the windshield, then I would insist that they caused the problem and escalate the concern to Audi Customer service. I don't have experience with the Audi customer service process but it worth a try?