Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Who else does this when they get the s3 home?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Who else does this when they get the s3 home?

Whenever I park in the garage I pop the hood and let it cool down. I've done this since day 1. Anyone else?
Old 11-17-2017, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Cool... ... ... (pun!).

Why are you doing this?
Old 11-17-2017, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Um no, I don't think it's necessary.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just make sure i drive mellow about a mile or 2 from my destination. you do know that our cars continue to cool the head and turbo after we have shut down.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's on another level.

I think the guy who buys that car with 175,000 miles on the odometer will reap the benefit of it.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've left the hood open, but the fan is badass commitment... love it.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't do that, but I do check my oil level every fuel fill up (thanks to my history with Subarus). Off topic - but are those the Audi OEM CF mirror caps? Do you have any more pics as they look pretty good and I'm thinking about adding them to my car if I could find them for a good price?

Also, I love the wheels. I wish I could find someone close by who would want to switch their dynamic package wheels for my black optic ones but I think I might have better luck finding a rainbow unicorn.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nachos Libres
I don't do that, but I do check my oil level every fuel fill up (thanks to my history with Subarus). Off topic - but are those the Audi OEM CF mirror caps? Do you have any more pics as they look pretty good and I'm thinking about adding them to my car if I could find them for a good price?

Also, I love the wheels. I wish I could find someone close by who would want to switch their dynamic package wheels for my black optic ones but I think I might have better luck finding a rainbow unicorn.
The mirror caps are gloss black. I had them professionally painted (along with my rs3 spoiler) They turned out pretty good. I can try to get some closer/better pics this weekend. I recommend going this route over the Carbon Fiber stuff (especially the cheap Chinese stuff) I had this idea even before the RS3 or S3 Black Edition came out.. The car came stock with the chrome trim. And was fully converted to a Black Edition +
Old 11-17-2017, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nachos Libres

I used to check the oil in my old b7 s4 every time I filled up as well- and usually it required a half quart or more... Not the s3 though.. It has not consumed a drop of oil <knocks on wood> No longer need to get my hands dirty every time i drive a couple hundred miles
Old 11-18-2017, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markN1689
Whenever I park in the garage I pop the hood and let it cool down. I've done this since day 1. Anyone else?

Why? When you shut it off, it cools down. Save your electricity and time.

Quick Reply: Who else does this when they get the s3 home?