Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Why I sold my BMW M4 and switching to an RS3

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new RS3! I've been reading this thread with great interest. I currently drive a 2015 S3 but my RS3 was in production 2 weeks ago and hope to see within the next month. Love reading all the positive comments but accept that the car is not for everyone. Coming from a modified S3 (Stage 2+) I'm somewhat familiar with car in general but looking forward to the upgraded features like virtual cockpit and that sweet 5 cylinder engine. Engine your car sir!
Old 05-23-2018, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Congrats on your new RS3! I've been reading this thread with great interest. I currently drive a 2015 S3 but my RS3 was in production 2 weeks ago and hope to see within the next month. Love reading all the positive comments but accept that the car is not for everyone. Coming from a modified S3 (Stage 2+) I'm somewhat familiar with car in general but looking forward to the upgraded features like virtual cockpit and that sweet 5 cylinder engine. Engine your car sir!
My car just has 400KMS on it so I am not exceeding 4K RPM but man even at 4K RPM and in comfort mode, this thing sounds like a wild animal, like a baby R8,, the engine / exhaust note is just intoxicating, can't imagine how good it'll sound once I break it in and put it in Dynamic mode.

The reason I don't put it in Dynamic mode now is the accelerator pedal is already to sensitive like even in comfort mode if I press it too much sometimes it jumps to 5K RPM so I quickly let go off the gas pedal but this thing is like a wild beast that needs to be tames, it loves to rev!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix
Thanks my new Audi friend, it was nice seeing you too and hope we see you in the Audi family soon.

Meanwhile guys, check out my friend's BashAudi's latest review of the RS5 and another RS3 review coming soon as well, this guy has some of the best quality videos:

https://youtu.be/csUnhs26xBM
Thanks for repost
Old 05-24-2018, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Seems you are doing things the proper way then! has to be difficult. I recall the break in period for my S3 was tough as well! Very happy you're enjoying the car. I'm really excited about my incoming car. My daughter is actually buying my modified S3 so at least it's staying in the family. Recently put my wife into a 2018 Q7. Sort of feel like I own half of Audi at this point. LOL
Old 05-24-2018, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes Fixeroh, Audi ought to be showing you some love by sending some freebies or something!
Old 05-24-2018, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Timmay, thanks for the thought!! But I'm never that lucky. I'll be happy with some Audi loyalty when I have to pay the RS3 bill. We did get a good deal on the Q7 and my wife is over the moon. Much nicer and considerably larger than her previous 2016 Q5. Audi definitely knows how to build them. Sure I'll be an Audi only owner from this point forward. Going to avoid getting into BMWs or Mercedes just avoid comparisons. LOL
Old 05-24-2018, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spoonie G, most Audi members don't understand what you have in the X3 M40i. Comparing it to an SQ5 is not appropriate. You basically have an M2 in SUV form. My wife and I picked up an 2017 X4 M40i a few months ago. Was tempted by a new X3 M40i, but the X4s don't get any love so the price was too good to pass up. Can't wait to move to a 2019 X4 M40i in a year or so, which will have all the upgrades found in the 2018 X3 M40i. I have an S3 as my daily commuter, and the wife uses the X4. The neighbors are not too happy when she starts the M40i, hits the Sport button, and goes shrieking out of the neighborhood every morning. You have a race truck that doubles as a daily driver!
Old 05-24-2018, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wtmeyer
The neighbors are not too happy when she starts the M40i, hits the Sport button, and goes shrieking out of the neighborhood every morning. You have a race truck that doubles as a daily driver!
I may not be too happy either if my neighbor went shrieking out of the community every morning. LOL.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Timmay, thanks for the thought!! But I'm never that lucky. I'll be happy with some Audi loyalty when I have to pay the RS3 bill. We did get a good deal on the Q7 and my wife is over the moon. Much nicer and considerably larger than her previous 2016 Q5. Audi definitely knows how to build them. Sure I'll be an Audi only owner from this point forward. Going to avoid getting into BMWs or Mercedes just avoid comparisons. LOL
You definitely don't want to jump into a BMW unless you don't mind your car losing 40% of its value in the first year. Their depreciation at least here in Dubai is like nothing I've seen before.

Hopefully or new friend @bashaudi will join the Audi family soon I am going with him on Saturday to checkout an Audi RS5 in Nardo Grey with the Black Optics Package and all the bells and whistles He has an M4 right now we both them together.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wtmeyer
Spoonie G, most Audi members don't understand what you have in the X3 M40i. Comparing it to an SQ5 is not appropriate. You basically have an M2 in SUV form. My wife and I picked up an 2017 X4 M40i a few months ago. Was tempted by a new X3 M40i, but the X4s don't get any love so the price was too good to pass up. Can't wait to move to a 2019 X4 M40i in a year or so, which will have all the upgrades found in the 2018 X3 M40i. I have an S3 as my daily commuter, and the wife uses the X4. The neighbors are not too happy when she starts the M40i, hits the Sport button, and goes shrieking out of the neighborhood every morning. You have a race truck that doubles as a daily driver!
IMO the X4 is one sexy looking SAV (Sports Activity Vehicle as BMW calls it)

Quick Reply: Why I sold my BMW M4 and switching to an RS3