Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Wicked looking color

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wicked looking color

Its been a long time coming. After 2 years of driving virtually every performance car under $50k, I finally took delivery of my S3 yesterday. I'm coming from a JCW Mini Clubman. I ordered my car in Ara Blue with the red seats and I like the color combo. I kept my build pretty basic and got the tech/ sound system/ res. delete and red brakes. My mini had a brutal suspension so I opted for the non-magnetic ride and smaller wheels to add to the comfort level. I test drove the S3's with both the mag ride and without and liked the basic suspension setting more. I'm going to get some S1 tune (probably APR) and pray it doesn't kill my warranty. I've also thought about a tow hitch for a bike rack and a wing. I'd love some obnoxious looking rear wing. Any suggestions? I'll try and get some pictures uploaded in a bit, but the ara blue looks fantastic!

This is my old mini with the custom decal!

Last edited by Captain Rossness; 04-28-2017 at 04:40 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Rossness
I'd love some obnoxious looking rear wing. Any suggestions?
Are you serious? To each his own but I'd say that's more in line with an STI or the former EVO. The Audi S3 and its brethren are really not known to be extroverted
Old 04-25-2017, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wicked, wicked, wicked, wicked......
Old 04-25-2017, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
Are you serious? To each his own but I'd say that's more in line with an STI or the former EVO. The Audi S3 and its brethren are really not known to be extroverted
I had an STI a few years ago and was forced to sell it when my rare foot issue made it too painful to operate the clutch :/

Around 140 mph-ish, I would be able to see the rear wing actually working, fluctualting up and down, providing downforce. It was cool to see and it was functional.

best I've found for the audi is below. - and yes, I'm serious. I'm also putting racing stripes on the car.

FOR CARBON FIBER AUDI A3 S3 RS STYLE REAR WING TRUNK SPOILER | eBay
Old 04-26-2017, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Captain Rossness
I had an STI a few years ago and was forced to sell it when my rare foot issue made it too painful to operate the clutch :/

Around 140 mph-ish, I would be able to see the rear wing actually working, fluctualting up and down, providing downforce. It was cool to see and it was functional.

best I've found for the audi is below. - and yes, I'm serious. I'm also putting racing stripes on the car.

FOR CARBON FIBER AUDI A3 S3 RS STYLE REAR WING TRUNK SPOILER | eBay

Old 04-26-2017, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So do I. Who drives " 140 mph-ish" and sees the wing working by "fluctualting(sic) up and down"?? Racing stripes huh? Riiiiight.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Those pics for the ebay spoiler....smell of photoshop... RS3 sedan!!! with flared wheel arches????
Old 04-26-2017, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

Go trade that Audi back in for the Honda or Subie of your dreams..

I dont get why people buy cars they hate the looks of so much that they have to change everything about it... Stripes and Spoilers dont do anything but make you look like a tool.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
Go trade that Audi back in for the Honda or Subie of your dreams..

I dont get why people buy cars they hate the looks of so much that they have to change everything about it... Stripes and Spoilers dont do anything but make you look like a tool.
And add loads of HP!! VTEEEEEEC!
Old 04-28-2017, 04:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
So do I. Who drives " 140 mph-ish" and sees the wing working by "fluctualting(sic) up and down"?? Racing stripes huh? Riiiiight.
Not a troll post at all. And I personalize my cars how I want. If you don't like it, that's your business. I also wear kilts instead of shorts. Again, Its just my style. No need to be a hater.

as for the wing- In 2011 I bought a Subaru STI up in Manchester NH. I live in CT and at the time, the car in NH was the closest STI around. So i buy the car and stay overnight at a friend's place as she lives in town and I hadn't seen her in a few years since college. On the way back home, I'm on the highway passing everyone and I look in my rearview mirror and there's a corvette thats passing everyone too, but its not passing me. I look at my speedometer and I'm doing a buck fifty one. and I point out to my passenger "hey, look how fast I'm going!". And while looking through the rear view mirror, I could see the rear wing (its obnoxiously big on an STI) fluctuating up and down. It was cool to see it working, versus just being there for show

As for the stripes, I'm thinking a light tan for the base color- almost what coffee looks like when its loaded with milk- and put toxic sludge/ dayglow green pinstripes on the outside of the tan. I also have an extra teeth graphic from the mini. I suppose I could put it to use on the audi.

And I'm as extroverted as them come. Howdy Audi World

Last edited by Captain Rossness; 04-28-2017 at 04:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Wicked looking color