Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Your guys' opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your guys' opinion

Hey guys,
I've been noticing some issues lately, and i wanted to confirm with you guys if you are/have experienced this issue.

First, at 6k KM mileage(haven't been driving as much lately), here are few issues I've noticed

-my coolant level is at MIN mark. I am guessing this isn't normal for a low mileage? (popped the hood, and i can't find any visible signs of leaks..)

-Coolant temp (displayed on the dashboard) is at 110C most of the time (normal?)

-Transmission jerks upon deceleration (usually from gear 4-3 i think or 3-2)

I am trying to book a appt with the stealership, but they are currently full + don't have time to go at this point.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snugglesftw
Hey guys,
I've been noticing some issues lately, and i wanted to confirm with you guys if you are/have experienced this issue.

First, at 6k KM mileage(haven't been driving as much lately), here are few issues I've noticed

-my coolant level is at MIN mark. I am guessing this isn't normal for a low mileage? (popped the hood, and i can't find any visible signs of leaks..)

-Coolant temp (displayed on the dashboard) is at 110C most of the time (normal?)

-Transmission jerks upon deceleration (usually from gear 4-3 i think or 3-2)

I am trying to book a appt with the stealership, but they are currently full + don't have time to go at this point.

I checked my coolant yesterday on a hunch. Mine is right at the minimum level. This was after driving. I know that the resovoir level can fluctuate when the engine is hot vs cold. I'm at 22k miles

Not sure how to check the coolant temp... Please explain

On the transmission, are you in sports mode? In sports mode and under hard acceleration, I'll get some jerk if close to a gear shift and I let off of the gas completely
Old 07-19-2015, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

google

If you check your coolant level when the engine is cold, the coolant should be at or above the "minimum" or "fill" line on the transparent refill container. If you check your coolant level when the engine is hot, the coolant should be at or just below the "max" line.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All sounds normal to me, yep, when cold/cool/warm it will be near min... mine usually was.

Try shifting manually and see if its the same sensation, my guess is is that it won't be, then most likely you're in sport mode or the transmission learned the behavior - if its the same and its different than previous shifting sensation, def take it in.

110 C (what around 230 F) seems a little high if you not driving in hot weather or driving hard.