Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 having trouble starting + many error messages popping up at once

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3 having trouble starting + many error messages popping up at once

My 2015 Audi A3 is having trouble starting (when I click the start button, it tries a few times as if there is not enough battery and then it eventually starts). When it does start, there are a bunch of error messages that pop up at the same time, including ESP not working, Hill stabilization not working, and a bunch of others.

This happened out of nowhere. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The AudiWorld A3/S3 subforum is not very active these days, so it's doubtful you'll find much help on this. Did you make any recent programming changes via VCDS? Has your car battery suffered any deep discharges recently? Car batteries are usually good for about 6+ years, unless they suffer multiple deep discharges. If this issue started happening completely without any warning or indication of some progressing problem (like a few difficult starts here and there), it sounds like you may need to take it in for servicing.
Old 07-07-2022, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Did u get it sorted?

Originally Posted by Maverick03
My 2015 Audi A3 is having trouble starting (when I click the start button, it tries a few times as if there is not enough battery and then it eventually starts). When it does start, there are a bunch of error messages that pop up at the same time, including ESP not working, Hill stabilization not working, and a bunch of others.

This happened out of nowhere. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
  • what was the solution?
Old 07-09-2022, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's very wirred i hope that you found an answer
Old 07-30-2022, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just installed an amp and 2 subwoofers to my 2016 A3 and when I now turn on my vehicle with the amp connected to the battery I get the exact same error messages as you do on mine. I'm gonna go with ****ty battery and I'm going to replace mine as I just bought this A3 and do not know how long this battery has been in here.