Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Audi Phone Holder by Clearmounts - Discount Code

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 04:04 AM
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Audi Phone Holder by Clearmounts - Discount Code

Hello my fellow Audi enthusiasts!

As many of you know a little over two years ago I created a custom cellphone mount for the new Audi A3 (8V), since then I expanded to the A3 (8P), TT MK-1, TT MK-2, TT-MK-3, Q2 & A1. We have now sold over 15,000 units and have had nothing but amazing testimonials. My mounts are made of the highest quality materials and truly look OEM when installed. Above all I pride myself on customer service, when a customer has an issue (rarely happens) I am always eager to help solve any problem to their 100% satisfaction.

If you haven't heard about Clearmounts already please visit www.clearmounts.com and see what it's all about, there are lots of pictures, videos and above all over 400 customer testimonials.

Clearmounts commercial:

If you want to order one we ship worldwide with tracking and insurance for only $10, however for a limited time I am giving Audiworld members a $5 discount when they use code: Audiworld5

Thank you again to all of my thousands of customers that made Clearmounts a real business!

Enjoy!

Carl
www.clearmounts.com
info@clearmounts.com
Old 08-21-2018, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I invested in a RAM Mount with reduced mounting cup to fit in my Audi coin tray, which works fairly well, but now I see this... wish I'd known about the Clear Mount before hand! Looks like it'll be more sturdy.

Question regarding the difference between flush mount and standard mount -- what is the distance difference in the surface positions? Also, since the standard comes with swivel and cradle options, does that mean you can unscrew-detach the mounts without having to remove it from the vents?

Also, what's the thickness of the metal plates? I'm wondering if they'll bend, as my phone is an HTC 10 with an aluminum backing that is slightly curved... I'd probably need to bend the plate a little to make it fit flush.

Last edited by absoluTT A3; 08-21-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor

For the TT we only offer the swivel version. Yes you can switch between accessories without removing the mount from the vents. For the A3 we do offer both low-profile and swivel versions. The distance is about 0.5” or so. I hope this answers your question.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Clearmounts
For the TT we only offer the swivel version. Yes you can switch between accessories without removing the mount from the vents. For the A3 we do offer both low-profile and swivel versions. The distance is about 0.5” or so. I hope this answers your question.
Thanks, that's helpful. One last thing -- are the metal plates included thin enough to bend? My phone has a slight curvature to the back, so I'd want to be able to slightly bend the metal plate before adhering it. Then the flexible case would go over it.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:51 PM
Former Vendor

Yes they are slightly bendable however that may reduce the serface to stick to the magnet... the phone may not be on as solid. You can try it, worst case scenario the cradle clamp included will work.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes they are slightly bendable however that may reduce the serface to stick to the magnet... the phone may not be on as solid. You can try it, worst case scenario the cradle clamp included will work.

Thanks. Yeah, I think it'll depend upon how much of a curve. This isn't much, though. But another thing I thought of, is to attach it to the case instead. I have a 2-layer case, with soft neoprene inner case with hard shell outer. I'm thinking it might work to stick the metal to the inside of the hard case, thus avoiding any need to do a curvature.

One other thing I was thinking -- you offer a universal magnetic vent mount as an optional accessory. Could you also offer the flush magnetic mount piece as well for same price, since it's essentially the same piece but with a screw back instead of clamp? I was thinking of getting the standard mount kit, but would like to have the flush piece as well to test out (to see if the fixed angle suffices, and be able to swap mounting parts for different needs--daily use versus long trips, etc.).

And I'd be more than willing to provide a review, showing the installation setup & variants in my car, plus comparison to my old clunky RAM mount.

Last edited by absoluTT A3; 08-22-2018 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:32 AM
Former Vendor

Your case idea would work I think. As far as me sending you a low profile magnet I could do that. However it won’t fit a TT due to the vent spacing. Only the Swivel option works for the TT. If you want to discuss further please email me info@clearmounts.com.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Your case idea would work I think. As far as me sending you a low profile magnet I could do that. However it won’t fit a TT due to the vent spacing. Only the Swivel option works for the TT. If you want to discuss further please email me info@clearmounts.com.
Actually, I don't have the TT any longer. Just the A3. Will ping you directly. Thanks!