Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

audio remembered volume

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audio remembered volume

I have a new 2017 A3 with the B&O upgraded audio package. I've previously had the equivalent on a series of A4s, and there was always a way to increase the default maximum volume with which the audio comes on when you start up the car. I can't seem to find anything on this in the A3 manual. Anybody out there who can give me a clue whether this adjustment is possible, and, if so, how to do it?

Ben Kellner
Old 05-25-2017, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default media volume

Originally Posted by KellnerBM
I have a new 2017 A3 with the B&O upgraded audio package. I've previously had the equivalent on a series of A4s, and there was always a way to increase the default maximum volume with which the audio comes on when you start up the car. I can't seem to find anything on this in the A3 manual. Anybody out there who can give me a clue whether this adjustment is possible, and, if so, how to do it?

Ben Kellner
Let me re-phrase my question: Is there a way to increase the input volume level for all the media sources (CD; MP3 player)? The maximum remembered volume for the radio is fine, but, every time I start the car, I have to crank up the volume whenever I want to listen to, e.g., my MP3 player.

Ben K
Old 07-06-2017, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Let me re-phrase my question: Is there a way to increase the input volume level for all the media sources (CD; MP3 player)? The maximum remembered volume for the radio is fine, but, every time I start the car, I have to crank up the volume whenever I want to listen to, e.g., my MP3 player.

Ben K
There is a setting for input volume, I think I saw it in the Bluetooth settings. Not near my car, but there is definitely a setting for Input level, as I found it useful when I stumbled across it.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Ben K
I believe the only way to change the remembered volume when you start the car is using VCDS Vag-Com to make a coding change.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default remembered volume

Originally Posted by mariovee
There is a setting for input volume, I think I saw it in the Bluetooth settings. Not near my car, but there is definitely a setting for Input level, as I found it useful when I stumbled across it.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I had found this adjustment, but it only increases the remembered volume of a Bluetooth device (e.g., my iPhone), but not a device that's either plugged into the car's USB ports (my MP3 player) or the installed CD player in the car.