Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts
Old 07-29-2016, 09:25 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Window Switch not working Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just and update on my problem. I removed the switch, sprayed some electrical contact cleaner in there. Everything has been working fine since.
The following users liked this post:
0712leigh (11-04-2023)
Old 06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by newmember
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

yes your switch botton is damaged you have to replace it
Agreed.....I took my 2006 in for the second time to fix a broken rear sunshade and had them look at my driver's rear window for the same problem. They have to replace the driver's side window control switch. If you're under warranty have it fixed.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi A4 Window Switch

Hi,

I recently had a busted window regulator in my passenger door, I ordered the replacement part on ebay and fitted it, however that didnt go as smoothly as I thought, whilst fitting the motor back onto the new regulator one of the screw housings just sheared off with very little torque, I managed to get the assemble tightened minus the busted housing, regulator worked great absolutely no problems work just fine.

Then I left feedback on ebay for the part, stating what happened and saying that I thought the product plastic was cheap and that was the reason for the shear, the seller then contacted me and offered me a full refund if I sent him a photo.

So for 5 mins work to take off a door card I figured why not for $100, So I took the door card off removed the motor and took a few photos of the housing, sweet right? Not so easy says the big guy, I put everything back together lock the car assuming all is good as before, however I said I better check open the car hop in the driver seat, down the passenger window goes and back up again.

Then I said better actually test it from its own switch then bang - a great nothing !!!! What the hell, I take everything apart check I had eveything plugged in and everything is fine plugged out and back in everything about three times and still not joy, what could this be? would it be a coding problem.

The Auto-up and down didnt work on the first window cycle but it must have recoded itself and worked from then on, on the driverside controls that is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Old 03-28-2016, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a Audi a3 07 plate. Recently the window on the drivers side has decided not to work. It wont go up or down and have tried the resetting it by holding it up and and down for 10 secs more than once but this hasn't helped.
Before shelling out a fortune at the garage does anyone know what it can be?